SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218943 - 03/14/02 04:38 AM PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
Rodrigues Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi,

My PSR 2000 is version 1.10. According with information I received from Yamaha the problems that version 1.10 and 1.20 solve are:
Software update V1.00 => V1.10
1. The Fingering Type was not recorded in the registration memory when ACOMP is turned on.
2. The data is not reproduced even if the registration button was pushed when Split Point was displayed on the pop up screen.
3. does not work occasionally.

Software update V1.10 => V1.20
1. The section setting returns to the default when entering in the song recording.
2. When it reproduces the style after it reproduces a built-in song, the style part is turned off.
3. The style does not stop if it does the overwrite recording.

I could not reproduce the bugs that Yamaha refer; may be I don't understand the bugs that happen when recording songs.

As version 1.20 has not the Vocal Harmony Balance solved, is it worth to ask for the upgrade from 1.10 to 1.20 ?

I would like to receive opinions about this point. Don't you think it's better to wait for another version that solve the VH Bal problem, as upgrade involves dessoldering/soldering two SMD chips ?

Is there someone that made the upgrade from 1.10 to 1.20 and is happy with that? Is yes, why? What is better in 1.20 ?

Is there some information from Yamaha that will appear another new version to solve the VH Bal problem ?

Thanks
Carlos Rodrigues

#218944 - 03/14/02 10:32 AM Re: PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi Rodrigues,
Ver. 1.10 or 1.20 ? From what I`ve read the up-grade is well worth the effort even though I under stand there still having problems with the vocal section. This is just a thought but in the manual doesn`t it say that "Some voices may sound or appear different because of the way they are sampled" Anyway I wish you all the best and lets us know how you make out with your new KB
jedi

#218945 - 03/14/02 11:43 AM Re: PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That disclaimer in the manual has nothing to do with the vocal harmony parts. These same presets work correctly in the PSR8000, 9000, 9000 Pro and 740. It is reasonable to expect them to work in the 2000.
The fingering mode is not enough of a bug for me to change OS, since I use the same one all the time anyway. It is an intermittant problem that is there sometimes.
If what was listed is all that 1.20 changes, I would wait for the next one.
Just be sure you are on record with Yamaha as having problems BEFORE the warranty period is up.
DonM

#218946 - 03/14/02 02:50 PM Re: PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi DonM,
Thanks for clearing that up I thought it meant all the voices including the users. I saw on another thread that "Linda Fus" as ver. 2.0 is that right or am I mistaken? If correct and my count is right that would make it the third up-grade this year? If so do you think they`ll still be up-grading it after it discontinued? (hahahaha) Somtimes I wonder....
jedi

#218947 - 03/14/02 08:16 PM Re: PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
Nobby Offline

Loc: Palmyra Mo. U.S.A.
DonM, you know what my biggest gripe is?
I like to record my board settings for each of my songs to floppy disk. that way I can set up a song very fast. The reason is no matter what the song you end up pushing mostly the same buttons all the time. I can go from one song to the next in about
5 seconds. Get ready here it comes:
There are 3 intro & 3 endings I can only record the defalt set! Thats my gripe!!
I better sign off before I think of somemore
things!
Nobby

------------------

[This message has been edited by Nobby (edited 03-14-2002).]

#218948 - 03/14/02 10:44 PM Re: PSR 2000 upgrade ? Does worth it ?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave from Yamaha told me that the new OS definitely allows you to save the intros and endings selections to registration. What he doesn't know is exactly when the chips would be available in the U.S. He said that he was told "they are burning them now".
He promised that I would have the first ones in the U.S.
Maybe the squeaky wheel does get a little oil now and then. We'll see . . .
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online