SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#218921 - 11/10/05 07:49 AM Re: OT- End of an era for me
Dnj Offline

been there, done that for 20 years with a 7pc band .......
went solo 15yrs ago & never looked back, best move I ever made....

Times have changed my friend, go with the flow....things happen for a reason....you got the talent & the magic ....
make it work for ya

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-10-2005).]

#218922 - 11/10/05 01:06 PM Re: OT- End of an era for me
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the nice words. I feel very lucky that I was in a band consisting of 7-8 members that got along so well together for such a long time. No hassles, no big heads, no conflicts, etc. And I starting missing it an hour after we made the decision to close up shop. But I am sure from time to time that at least some of us will get together to play, just not as Impact.

As for my plans now, I have been considering doing some solo work; I do have this great arranger/workstation that I may as well put to use (not that it is just sitting around doing nothing right now )

But my number one desire is to play B3 with a drummer and possibly a female vocalist, horn player or (gulp ) a guitarist. Of course I have a sneaking suspicion that the Genesys Pro S will end up on top of the B3. I mean if it is good enough for Joey DeFrancesco, its good enough for me.

Thanks again for watching the video and for your encouragement. I really appreciate it.

Dave

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 11-10-2005).]

#218923 - 11/12/05 03:24 AM Re: OT- End of an era for me
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
The music is great Dave. You really make that B3 sing. The whole combo sounds fantastic and I can understand that you'll miss playing with them. But I think any musical project you are involved with is going to be great with you at the keyboard.

Thanks so much for sharing that with us.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online