SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#218806 - 10/06/06 04:50 AM Re: Chord Data In Midi Files
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
There is confusion here because the word chords is used to mean different things.

The PSR/Tyros style or harmony functions will respond to chords in two formats:

1) Yamaha Chord Events (XF data format) that are created by Quick Record, PSRUTI, etc

2) Midi data. If you identify a channel in Function/Midi/Edit/ Chord then the PSR style functionwill treat any data as though it is being keyed by the left hand. If the data in the channel has chord notes (piano tracks are usually a good choice) then the PSR will identify the chord just as it does when you play the chord with the left hand.

Likewise, in Mic Settings, you can do the same thing for VH and styles.

Regards,

Michael

Quote:
Originally posted by deatonent:
Thanks for the info. My PowerTracks Pro V.11 will do an analysis and determine the chords in a midi file but I don't know how to embed the results as chord data. PT Pro may do it but if so I don't know how. The PSR3000 manual states very clearly that the vocal harmonizer will recognize and provide harmony based on "chord data" in midi files but does not tell how to get that chord data into the midi file. In some post several months (or years?) ago I seem to recall someone saying that the chord data had to be saved in a track or channel by itself. I'll try the PSRUTI.
Best Regards,
Deaton

#218807 - 10/06/06 06:08 PM Re: Chord Data In Midi Files
Flavie Offline

Loc: Ontario - Canada
Hi Deaton,

You should try GNmidi shareware. It does exactly what you are looking for! follow www.gnmidi.com
it is a great tool and with a little bit of practice you will be able to insert the chords into the midi file.
Regards!

#218808 - 10/07/06 12:59 AM Re: Chord Data In Midi Files
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael P. Bedesem:
You could also use a program from Yamaha called XF Tool that is available free at http://home20.inet.tele.dk/morsor/psr/xftool.zip.

XFTool is nowadays located at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/psr_soft/xftool.zip

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#218809 - 10/07/06 02:26 PM Re: Chord Data In Midi Files
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
there always seens to be more important things to be doing with my right hand.

For me, the most important thing is ALWAYS the vocals, and the next is the bass. What I do with my right hand is only a compliment to the vocal melody in chord form. I understand that I use a different approach to arranger playing ...... and that's fine. We all have our own style.

Mine is: featuring my voice with my own chords behing it, and allowing the arranger to fill in all the holes that I chooew to let it!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online