SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#218708 - 02/02/06 12:17 AM Re: what would you do?
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jinks:
. would you know if the transposition mechanism of most keyboards etc means that I can play in my preferred key but amend the audible key to suit the range of the vaoice?

Hi Jinks (hey, I just made a funny!)
The transposition to KB and separately to singing voice is certainly available on my PSR9000 but I don't know of any other board which does this.
Perhaps owners of others are out there and will help.
cheers
Eddie

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#218709 - 02/02/06 01:47 AM Re: what would you do?
Jinks Offline

very interesting-thanks Rikki. What would something like this cost?
Quote:
Originally posted by rikkisbears:
Hi,
just a different option.
if you're only after backing tracks
( midifiles, mp3's etc ) and you you're not actually wanting to play accompaniment in real time, another option could be software
ie
Band in a Box http://www.pgmusic.com/
Jammer Pro 6 http://www.soundtrek.com/content/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=23

You could create arrangements & play along with your piano ( acoustic??)
(Demo's available)
best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jinks:
[B]

#218710 - 02/02/06 04:51 AM Re: what would you do?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:

Is there anywhere on the web where it's possible to see and har those new yammies?

Doc-Z

Hi Doc,
You can see a small picture of the new YPG 625 at andy's music online . The link is at the lower-right corner of the main page.
I don't think there are any sound or video demos. These keyboards are not announced at the official Yamaha sites yet.

George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 02-02-2006).]

#218711 - 02/02/06 05:23 AM Re: what would you do?
Jinks Offline

Hi George, been onto Andy's Music site.com for look at the new YPG's-Question.. would you know at this stage what can,t I do with a YPG/DGX 505 that I can do with a PSR 3000 (altho I am concerned with the number of keys with a PSR) if that doesn't demand too long an answer and how does it relate to my original question? Thanks Jinks
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Quote:
Originally posted by doc-z:
[b]
Is there anywhere on the web where it's possible to see and har those new yammies?

Doc-Z

Hi Doc,
You can see a small picture of the new YPG 625 at andy's music online . The link is at the lower-right corner of the main page.
I don't think there are any sound or video demos. These keyboards are not announced at the official Yamaha sites yet.

George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 02-02-2006).][/B]

#218712 - 02/02/06 09:50 AM Re: what would you do?
George V Offline

Loc: Sofia
Quote:
Hi George, been onto Andy's Music site.com for look at the new YPG's-Question.. would you know at this stage what can,t I do with a YPG/DGX 505 that I can do with a PSR 3000 (altho I am concerned with the number of keys with a PSR) if that doesn't demand too long an answer and how does it relate to my original question? Thanks Jinks
Hi Gareth,
The differences between the DGX and PSR 3000 are huge - the 3000 has far better sounds, and styles (these are pre-recorded patterns for accompaniment), and a vocal harmoniser. It is better in every aspect except the number of keys, and price. Some SZ member complain that the keyboard action is cheesy (I think they mean that the keys are unweighted).
On the other hand, if you are accustomed to the key action of the acoustic piano you'd better wait till june when the piano action keyboard YPG 625 will be available on the market. It seems that it will be of decent quality for the music you like to play. The key here is that since Scott Yee, who is a profesional, has been impressed by the new YGP, the 625 worths.

I can't recommend getting a DGX since these keyboards are already outdated.
The YPG 625 is an inexpensive piano that has real Hammer action and lots of sounds and goodies. In my honest opinion it would be an excellent solution for a hobbyist who is accustomed to acoustic piano (bear in mind that I judge this from the specifications only, there is no video or sound demo available!!!)

The YPG 525 replaces the DGX-505 and will be sold at the same price (around $600)
The YPG 225 replaces the DGX-205 and will be sold at the same price (around $350).

However, relating to this sentence in your original post
Quote:
i have no performing aspirations but would like to create stage accompanyments/backing for home parties etc
I think that the PSR-3000 might suit your needs better.

You'd better try the PSR-3000 and the DGX-505 at the store. And don't forget to see the video demos at yamaha europe site . You'll get an impression what these keyboards are about. If you do not know what the vocal harmonizer is check out the PSR2100 demo.

Good luck!

George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 02-02-2006).]

#218713 - 02/02/06 01:18 PM Re: what would you do?
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jinks
Jammer Pro starts at $129 http://www.soundtrek.com/catalog/
Band in a Box starts at $88 http://www.pgmusic.com/bandbox.htm#1

Bear in mind your computer needs to have certain system requirements ( should be listed on the sites), and you'd need either a software synthesizer or a soundmodule or synth midied to your computer.

Basically you type in a chord progression, choose a style & the program creates a backing track. (They actually do more than that, thought).
Don't forget there's free demo's on site, so TRY before you consider buying.
best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
very interesting-thanks Rikki. What would something like this cost?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#218714 - 02/03/06 12:15 AM Re: what would you do?
Jinks Offline

Thanks George lots of useful info I'll wait to try the new YPG in June. I don'tfeel at this time that 61 keys will do very much for me so in the meantime I'll try the DGX to get a feel of the diff between one and the other (PSR)and maybe the YPG will make up for the many differences you mentionI'm happy to spend around £1,000-the only other products I've read about are the Korg Triton Le 88 weighted although it's probably too much as will the Roland G70 and Yamaha S90ES
Quote:
Originally posted by George V:
Quote:
[b]Hi George, been onto Andy's Music site.com for look at the new YPG's-Question.. would you know at this stage what can,t I do with a YPG/DGX 505 that I can do with a PSR 3000 (altho I am concerned with the number of keys with a PSR) if that doesn't demand too long an answer and how does it relate to my original question? Thanks Jinks
Hi Gareth,
The differences between the DGX and PSR 3000 are huge - the 3000 has far better sounds, and styles (these are pre-recorded patterns for accompaniment), and a vocal harmoniser. It is better in every aspect except the number of keys, and price. Some SZ member complain that the keyboard action is cheesy (I think they mean that the keys are unweighted).
On the other hand, if you are accustomed to the key action of the acoustic piano you'd better wait till june when the piano action keyboard YPG 625 will be available on the market. It seems that it will be of decent quality for the music you like to play. The key here is that since Scott Yee, who is a profesional, has been impressed by the new YGP, the 625 worths.

I can't recommend getting a DGX since these keyboards are already outdated.
The YPG 625 is an inexpensive piano that has real Hammer action and lots of sounds and goodies. In my honest opinion it would be an excellent solution for a hobbyist who is accustomed to acoustic piano (bear in mind that I judge this from the specifications only, there is no video or sound demo available!!!)

The YPG 525 replaces the DGX-505 and will be sold at the same price (around $600)
The YPG 225 replaces the DGX-205 and will be sold at the same price (around $350).

However, relating to this sentence in your original post
Quote:
i have no performing aspirations but would like to create stage accompanyments/backing for home parties etc
I think that the PSR-3000 might suit your needs better.

You'd better try the PSR-3000 and the DGX-505 at the store. And don't forget to see the video demos at yamaha europe site . You'll get an impression what these keyboards are about. If you do not know what the vocal harmonizer is check out the PSR2100 demo.

Good luck!

George

[This message has been edited by George V (edited 02-02-2006).][/B]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online