SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#218202 - 05/02/06 12:10 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Donny, what are you thinking of doing now...
are you going to beat me to the T-2 and get it before me???? Why the sudden change of heart and very hard mind-set...I admire your
ability to change quickly...please keep us all informed....good luck..
TR

#218203 - 05/02/06 12:11 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know a secret about Donny. But I'm not telling. He wants to surprise Scott Yee.
DonM

#218204 - 05/02/06 12:22 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
DON.....are we going to see "dueling Tyros 2's"....an interesting concept...should be
a great play-off....
TR

#218205 - 05/02/06 06:36 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I know a secret about Donny. But I'm not telling. He wants to surprise Scott Yee.
DonM

At THIS point, I don't think anything he says/does next would surprise me. - Scott

#218206 - 05/02/06 07:48 PM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

OK BOYZ..........the cats out of the bag.....are you listening Scotty?

"TYROS 2 IS IN THE HOUSE BABY" time to put on my Robe, Silk Ascot & a Drink Glass of Good Brandy to Celebrate !!!!!!! Yippppeeee!!!

Man Im lovin this beautiful instrument, Wow what a Sound.... Im setting up performance registrations as we speak,
"Mr Wizard" Gary Diamond gave me a jump start to jog my Yamaha memory back in my head.....& now its a piece of cake since I already owned a 9k, 2k, 3k, OS is pretty similar to a point..I tweaked the master EQ, Mic settings, Voc settings, pedal contr, & Im on my way........

I know I'll have many questions along the way & I appreciate the help......funny I feel at home again with this KB.....cant wait to gig with it this week I got 4 coming up.......my juices are flowing ....next a Thumb drive, HD, Ramm..............etc etc .....

Thanx for your help everyone........

1- do I have to load the CD disc in order to use the USb transfers/or can I just hook up a USb wire and will my Lt recognize The t2 as a drive.....? or do I need teh Hd installed first.......

"You must hold down the Musicfinder button while you power on the T2 in order to get into USB/PC connection mode. Then simply hit the Exit button when you are done and the Tyros will setup in regular music mode.
"

2- what case is everyone using? I have a nice padded gator w/wheels but its a 76 key version.

3- what is the biggest size/type THUMB Drive I can use with the T2?

BTW.....if anyone needs KB's or any type of gear get in touch with SZ member AJ, as always thru the years he has always given me great service in a professional manner which I so much appreciate......
Thankyou My Friend!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-03-2006).]

#218207 - 05/03/06 03:44 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Congratulations Donny!!

Welcome to the dark side. You won't be sorry.

you may need to install the Yamaha USB driver from the CD to see the T2. Windows XP will detect the Tyros once it's in File Transfer mode, then ask for the driver CD. I would install the driver first, then connect the T2 to the computer so Windows XP will find the driver 1st shot.

I purchased the Tyros case from Yamaha. At first I wasn't sure if I Liked it or not. But after transporting it to about 20 gigs, I has performed well.

It's padded very nicely and has a padded flap that covers the keyboard. I put the music rack between this padded flap and the top cover of the case to protect it. It also has pockets on the inside of the lid to hold those music brackets, power cables, etc. It's a little pricey, but made very well with durable zippers, wheels, and carry handles.

I don't use Thumb drives, but I purchased a Compact Flash adapter that can accept all kinds of memory devices such as SD cards, CF Cards, memory Sticks, etc. and it works like a charm with the T2. I use a 1 gig Compact Flash Card just fine.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#218208 - 05/03/06 03:52 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

Thanx for the info......& the congrats....
I work out all the little things in the next few days & buy a HD/THum Drive etc etc ......but for now Im loading a few custom styles via a USB floppy drive just to get them into the KB ......tommorow I take the T2 on stage & need to set it up for my shows.....Whew!!!

BTW can you load TEXT FILES via USB from floppy or do you need the HD ?

#218209 - 05/03/06 04:22 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

"TYROS 2 IS IN THE HOUSE BABY"

This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-03-2006).]

Donny: Congrats on the Tyros 2!! Glad to hear you lovin' that board. I'm toying with buying a new board at this point probably going to wait for a replacment for the 3000........but I was toying with the idea of adding midjay with my 88 key controller based on your very positive posts and your the sound on your CD. Umm, maybe it will be a T2 who knows?? At this point it's interesting to listen to what the Big Guys have to say. Again, congrats, enjoy.

#218210 - 05/03/06 04:39 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
Dnj Offline

Stephen Thankyou........they are both excellent units.......... I hope to do a T2 CD down the road also.... but ultimatley only YOU can make the decision whats RIGHT for you & Your Music......I wish you luck my friend....I hope to hear good things from you in the future!!

#218211 - 05/03/06 05:14 AM Re: Tyros Questions for Scott Yee & All Users.....
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny,

when you install the Windows Driver for the T2, be sure to follow the directions exactly as written in the CD installation manual for your version of windows. This is really important to follow the step by step directions or else you will have problems with the connection.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online