SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#218070 - 01/22/03 03:32 AM Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
Mino Offline

Hi all, how can I convert my song made on PSR2000 to mp3 on computer? It is now saved on Yamaha PSR2000's memory. What should I do now to save it on a CD as a track?

#218071 - 01/22/03 08:06 AM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If you want the song to use the sounds of the PSR2000, there are basically a couple of ways to do it.
One, you can use an external recorder. Simply play the song from the 2K into the recorder. If it is a multi-track recorder, you can add and mix tracks. Then you can transfer this to the computer via the sound card, using a recording program. There are many good programs that allow you to do this, and some are quite inexpensive.
The other method is to go directly into the computer, again using a recording program. I have Power Tracks Pro ($29.00), Total Recorder (either free or something like $10.00), and an old copy of Cakewalk (which I personally don't use). There are many others, and they vary greatly in capability.
The way I do it personally is to record directly from the RCA outputs on the 2000 into a Creative Labs Nomad Jukebox. It is a small digital recorder/player that records in stereo only, in WAV format. The songs are then transferred to the computer via the program that comes with the Jukebox. It uses USB to connect and transfer.
After that, it is a simple matter to burn a CD using the program that comes with your CD burner. An interim step may be necessary to edit and enhance your song. That can be accomplished by using a sequencer program such as those described above.
Recording your songs can be quite simple or quite complex, depending on your needs.
Hope this helps a little. There are people here who are far more knowledgeable than I am in this area, and I'm sure they will jump in and help.
DonM www.donmasonmusic.com

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 01-22-2003).]

#218072 - 01/22/03 09:13 AM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Don,

In your opinion, does the Nomad have the quality and dependability to be used for backing tracks (mp3) when playing live? Thx, G

#218073 - 01/22/03 09:26 AM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Glenn...
DonM put me onto the Nomad a while back and it was a great tip. I really appreciate his sharing about the Nomad with me. He can tell you how he uses it...here are a few things I do with it.

Yes, you can use it for backing tracks. I use it for a couple of doo-wop type things where back up vocals are important.

I also use it to record demos for prospective employers. You can record directly from the PSR 2000 to the Nomad, then convert (on your PC) from .wav to MP3 and burn a CD.

Another great use is to put break music on it. I have recorded several different types of background music for different types of crowds and holidays and it makes for a seamless presentation.

Don is really the Nomad expert here. He was very helpful in getting me up to speed on the unit.

Eddie

#218074 - 01/22/03 10:40 AM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I use it pretty much as Eddie does. I play some DJ stuff on it, use if for breaks, and have even loaded some MP3 backing tracks in it, though I really haven't gotten into using them much. It works fine for that.
The newer models have even more capability and much larger hard drives. The quality is excellent, fully digital.
DonM

#218075 - 01/22/03 03:08 PM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
Mino Offline

Thank you very much for your answers, DonM, I'll think about it and also will try the both ways.

#218076 - 01/24/03 04:52 PM Re: Saving Yamaha PSR2000 songs to CD?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you have a computer and internet access, which you obviously do, here's the easiest way to make high quality CDs using your PSR-2000. I posted detailed instructions at http://psrtutorial.com/Intermediate/Recording/recording.htm The total cost of additional equipment is under $20 which is for the stereo cable and in/out effects cable. Most everyone that has used this raved about the results and said it was a lot easier than they anticipated.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online