SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#217973 - 12/20/03 02:52 PM Hey Steve Deming...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Hey Steve! Please pass this along to the folks who design Yamaha keyboards. I wish to thank them for all the hard work, progress and dedication over these many years in providing working musicians/entertainers with a great tool of the trade. Without them, those of us who derive a significant amount of our annual income from this industry would be hard pressed to make a decent living.

I was elated to hear about the upcoming release of the PSR-3000, especially with all the new features, and at a suggested retail price that would have been unheard of just a decade ago. This should prove to be an incredible keyboard if it holds up to the standards that have been put forth in the past.

The only thing that it appears to lack is what many of us have been asking for these many years--a high quality, super-twist LCD display. This technology is not something new, and in fact it has been around for more than two decades. Even an inexpensive LCD wrist-watch used this technology so you can see the display clearly in bright sunlight.

Therefore, when the folks in the design and engineering departments gear up for the next keyboard, put a bug in their ear and tell them for us that this simple feature would make a huge difference in sales.

Thanks for all your assistance during the past few years and have a great holiday season.

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 12-21-2003).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#217974 - 12/20/03 11:06 PM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
That's one thing, and a very worthy request. I want something else too. Keys that feel solid. Even the Motif's aren't that great, but they are a far cry better than the ones on the 2000. Heck, the $300 Radio Shack clone of the Casio WK 1800 I played earlier today has far better key action than the PSR's do.

Give me better key feel, and it's almost a no brainer for me. I'm there, buying it about as soon as it becomes available. Otherwise, no thanks.

AJ

#217975 - 12/21/03 06:15 PM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
S0C9 Offline

Loc: NRH, TX, USA
AJ,
I actually thought the original keys on the Motif were the best I ever played in that price range. Way better than Korg, Roland and the PSR series !!!

Steve

#217976 - 12/22/03 06:13 AM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Yes, I like the keybed on the Motif ES 6 also. It is the tried and true Yamaha FS keybed that has been around since at least the DX7 days. It was used in the Korg M1 and slightly modified (by Korg) it was also used in the Wavestation, the O1/W, and the Trinity, just to name a few. I just wish they had used it in the Tyros! Not much goes wrong with them other than about every ten years they need to be taken apart and cleaned and re-lubricated because the grease seems to "wear out" after about ten years. My local Korg repairman wants "about" $200 to "refurbish" the keybed on my Wavestation EX and sometime next year I will probably get it done and then have a Wavestation that plays "like new".

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#217977 - 12/22/03 07:18 AM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
The key feel isn't bad in the Motif ES. Not at all. I just like the way the PA80 feels a little better, especially if I'm playing for more than an hour or two. It isn't a Yamaha problem, it's my arthritic fingers. The Motif's keys just seem to bounce a little harder against the keybed than the PA80's. They are both responsive enough for me to enjoy playing.

AJ

AJ

#217978 - 12/22/03 07:26 AM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
Tomcat Offline

Loc: Ft Collins Colorado, USA
Yea, arthritic fingers are one of the main reasons I personally don't like piano weighted keys. At 69 I sort of have them (but not too badly, no deformation anyway). If I try to play a piano more than 15 or 20 minutes, may hands start to hurt. And yes, I too, like the feel of the Pa80 keys as well.

Tom

------------------
Bigger is not always better

#217979 - 12/22/03 09:33 AM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Most doctors are symptom removers. How about a cure doc? No my job man.
I was able to borrow this Video from our library. I'm not advocating it, because I don't have arthritis,, yet, so don't have any personal experience. Here is an alternate approach to arthritis relief. http://www.garysmarketplace.com/ItemDetail.aspx?Item=389
Starkeeper

#217980 - 12/29/03 11:39 AM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
Gary and all,

Thanks for the advice, I have already passed it along. I hope you all are having a great Holiday Season!

------------------
Steve Deming
Assistant Manager
Customer Support Dept.
Pro Audio & Combo Division
Yamaha Corporation of America
YCASupport@yamaha.com

#217981 - 12/29/03 07:55 PM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Steve,

Hopefully, they'll put some of this to practical use.

Have a great holiday season.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#217982 - 12/30/03 01:08 PM Re: Hey Steve Deming...
lukitoh Offline

Loc: Hayward, CA, USA
Steve,

You know that great MANY of us thinks the keybed on the PSR2000 series are BAD and preventing many from buying it.

Also, is there a way to save the mic settings ? Like the volume, vocod, chord trigger off, etc. I asked this before but did not get straight answer on how to do this. I also looked at other Yamaha sites and none there either.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online