SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#217798 - 01/11/02 01:30 PM Re: New Sound Card from Creative ...
mbl Offline

Loc: el paso tx
Thanks Scotty,'

Don't know what WDM drivers are but will look into it. I use the SBLive card so far.

#217799 - 01/11/02 01:48 PM Re: New Sound Card from Creative ...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
mbl,
soundcards do not record, but they do convert the sound from analog to digital, when you are recording something into your hard disk. Without these A/D converters, a program like Cubase or Cakewalk could record just midi tracks (and not sound tracks too).

#217800 - 01/11/02 02:51 PM Re: New Sound Card from Creative ...
mbl Offline

Thanks, Dreamer, for the response. I am aware at what you are saying. However, the objective is for the ear to hear higher quality which has to be digital prior to that. So a card has to have both ways Ditital to Analog and Analog to Digital and it wouldn't make sense for it to have high spec analgo and inferior digital output. Anyway, the specs show the same specs for both, again I might be confused. I do know that some software in our PC's is limited, though, as far as recording specs. These are the specs for the board, anyhow:
====================================

High Definition Audio Quality

High Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) exceeding 100dB using high linearity, low distortion 24-bit converters with resolutions of up to 96kHz
24-bit / 96kHz Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) for various analog inputs
24-bit / 96kHz Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) for 6-channel analog speaker and headphone output
Independent 24-bit Analog-to-Digital Converters for Line and Microphone input controls to provide recording and mixing flexibility
Supports Sony/Philips Digital Interface (SPDIF) format input signal of up to 24-bit / 96kHz quality
Professional Quality DSP Engine

Creative's high performance hardware Digital Signal Processor for precise sampling rate conversion, CMSS®, 3D audio algorithm processing, digital mixing or bass management; as well as accurate Dolby Digital processing
Host based 32-bit floating point effects engine for professional quality real-time effects, processing, mixing and positioning of audio streams

I would still like to be clear on this issue, please help. Thanks.

#217801 - 01/11/02 03:00 PM Re: New Sound Card from Creative ...
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
mbl,
The specs look impressive, but the real proof is in the pudding (how it sounds) as they say. The soundcard business is getting highly competitive and it seems like Creative Labs is looking seriously to compete in the high end audio recording specific area now. I'm eagerly looking forward to checking out the Extigy when I head for NAMM next week. Gotta go update my NAMM booth (don't miss it) list now - Scott

#217802 - 01/11/02 03:08 PM Re: New Sound Card from Creative ...
mbl Offline

We are eager to hear from you. Check the other products, if you can, from Native Instruments.

BTW,,, I think there are no arrangers yet with digital output, or are there? Would it make some sense? Imagine, no noise al the way to the speakers. There are digital mikes, right?

Thanks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online