SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#217742 - 11/19/05 02:08 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Excellent, Scott: loved this song through Michael Bublè's rendition and loved your rendition too.

Yep, I too appreciate Michael Bublè's wonderful rendition of this tune. I love hearing the many terrific & widely varied renditions of this great tune.

Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
i liked it also,mike
Mike, Thanks for listening. Glad you liked it. I still remember the fun time we had at the San Jose SZ jam last year.

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
First time I heard this tune it was done as a duo by BB King and Diane Schurr

Just listened to your aforementioned version, and . . . wow ! Stephen, thanks for turning me on to it.

Quote:
Originally posted by jzzct:
sounds like you really enjoy your art and I'm another fan

jzzct: I think you hit it on the nail, as to perhaps why I may be experiencing some dissention from some of the seasoned & perhaps more commercially lucrative 'money making' sz member pro's here. For me, music making, above all else, is my personal form of artistic expression, and it's merely lucky, that I have enough client booking interest to support a 'modest' income, performing songs my own personal way.

Quote:
Originally posted by RichUK:
Very enjoyable performance . . .
The clarity and transparency of that Sennheiser... very, very nice.
Rich

Hi Rich. Wow. . . I'm really flattered, coming from you, who in my book, is the #1 SZ top ten vocalist. Yes, I'm thrilled with the transparency & clarity of the new Sennheiser e935, yet have to admit, even it, couldn't solve my vocal problems (tightness & congestion) from the 'after effects' of the cold. Btw: I still haven't forgotten about our upcoming duet recording song project. I look forward to it. Let me know when you've got your Tyros2.

Quote:
Originally posted by STAM:
drums sounds much realistic to me compared to other yamaha drums I have heard.

Hi Stam.. Yep, I noticed this Tyros2 drumkit sound improvement "right-off" as well. In fact, comparing T2 with T2 side by side (to my ears), all the T2 sounds & styles (even the 'same samples' ported over from T1) sound a lot fuller & richer.

Quote:
Originally posted by eddiefromrotherham:

you really did it with your Sennheiser e935.
The clarity is absolutely amazing, so much so that I admit I was not listening to the accompaniment first time I played it.

Quote:
Originally posted by J. Larry:
The vocal clarity is much better that previous tunes.

Thanks guys. Great to know that my $159 (US dollars) was well spent. Interestingly enough, my prior recordings were all done with my AKG C3000 condenser mic, yet the Sennheiser is a dynamic mic. I think I may have finally found the perfect 'all in one' mic for both stage & recording studio. Many thanks again to T2 buddy Heikki 'the Wolf' for presenting the 'blind mic test' which helped me come to the Sennheiser e935/e945 conclusion.

Scott

#217743 - 11/19/05 02:58 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
necdetdoni Offline

Loc: Antalya / Turkey
awesome..thanx...

#217744 - 11/19/05 03:00 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
This is why you're in the SynthZone top 10 vocal list.
Thanks
Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#217745 - 11/19/05 04:50 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Wow Scott,

just had a change to listen to your song.

What a difference to your previous stuff.

First of: you're right the T2 has much more presence to it.
Great style selection.

Second: finally your beautiful voice doesn't sound muffeld anymore with the new mic.
I can finally hear all the different nuances of your voice.

Third: the VH sounds sooooo much better. Not as overpowering like the T1. Perfect setting for your voice. (maybe it's the mic too)

It's like hearing you for the first time.
Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#217746 - 11/20/05 12:05 AM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by Eric, B:
It's like hearing you for the first time.
Eric

Yes Eric .That is so true!!!
I wonder if Sennheiser e935 will do anything for MY vocals.
Now that WOULD be a miracle
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#217747 - 11/20/05 08:31 AM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Hi Scott...

Finally got around to listening - great job. There is definitely synergy between your voice and the Senn e935. Any reason you picked the Senn e935 over the e945? The reason I'm asking is that the 945 has a supercardioid pattern while the 935 does not. The supercardioid pattern helps feedback rejection. Thanks for sharing.

Glenn

BTW, I especially like the style you chose, similar to the Ray Charles version.

[This message has been edited by GlennT (edited 11-20-2005).]

#217748 - 11/20/05 08:43 AM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Very nice indeed Scott!
DonM

#217749 - 11/20/05 11:08 AM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Great Job Scott

I sure enjoyed this rendition of one of my favorite songs. Vocal dead on - Great voice.

I am a total organ nut and I must say you had some nice TO type organ sounds going on. Beatiful balance to the whole song.

Thank you for sharing.

Jerry

[This message has been edited by Mainer (edited 11-20-2005).]

#217750 - 11/20/05 12:19 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-20-2005).]

#217751 - 11/20/05 06:45 PM Re: My 1st Tyros2: Keyboard with Vocals Recording: "You Don't Know Me"
paulinez Offline

Loc: W. Palm Beach, Fl
Hi Scott,
I really enjoyed your rendition of "You don't know me now" Great job Scott.

Pauline

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online