SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#217313 - 04/01/02 08:00 PM Re: My Easter gift
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Followup to my post above:
I hope you guys aren't misconstruing what I was saying about Dreamer's changed melodic notes on 'Just the Way You Are'. It was actually my favorite rendition, particularly because of that changed note. I too NEVER play a song the SAME way twice and will often change the chords, melodic line, and even the lyrics (heehee), but the point I was making (at least from a pro live performer's point of view) is that most audiences generally tend to expect to hear the melodic hook line of a cover tune to sound pretty much the way they remember it. On the other hand, when performing for a more musically soshisticated crowd (jazz venue), I can feel more free to embelish/change the melody more. I've grown to realize (over the years) that I've had to make a few compromises in my playing style in order to satisfy my audience desires. Of course, I DON'T mean selling out musically, it's more like a balancing act between unabashed artistic expression and making a living musicially. - Scott

#217314 - 04/01/02 09:42 PM Re: My Easter gift
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
I still have troubles in uploading my last song.
Thank you again for your words.
Bob W, when I use the external FX unit I usually turn down the internal reverb of the VA7 but keep other effects like Eq, Rhodes Multi FX or Rotary. Two reverbs in chain would lead to an unpleasant effect, in my opinion.
Best regards,
Andrea

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online