SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#217164 - 04/15/05 12:14 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
o3bor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Wazza:
The RD700SX seems to be a really good piano, I haven't played it though, but I do own a Fantom XR which has got one of two main pianos included on the RD700SX (The Ultimate Grand sample).
I think this sample is one of the best I've heard, I prefer it over the Yamaha's (Motif ES & P-series),I can't really comment on the Superior Grand sample as I haven't played it, but the online demos sure sound good, I might have considered the RD700SX if I haven't had my Fantom XR.

In my opinion the Superior Grand of RD700SX is much better than Ultimate Grand.
Mainly they are different sounds: Ultimate is Yamaha-like, Superior is Steinway-like.
The only competitor that I find to RD700SX is Promega 3 (or SRX-11 expansion from Roland).

#217165 - 04/15/05 10:17 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
PaulD Offline

Loc: Eugene, OR
Okay, so I arranged this eariler than over the weekend. Now on the Generalmusic website is the complete Demo CD of the Promega 3 in 192k. Hopefully this will give you a better idea of the power of the Promega 3 and the DRAKE processor.
www.Generalmusic.us/Promega3.htm

Best Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#217166 - 04/15/05 11:13 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
Wazza Offline

Loc: Sonnega, Friesland, The Nether...
Thanks Paul for putting these demos online, they sound much, much better.
It really shows how great the Promega sounds, I knew it sounded good, but I didn't know it sounded this good , Superb!
Thanks again ,

Greetz ,
Marcel

[This message has been edited by Wazza (edited 04-15-2005).]

#217167 - 04/16/05 11:08 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
PaulD Offline

Wazza, You are most welcome, honestly once you sit and play the instrument for 1/2 hour you'll fall in love (some it just takes minuates). Make sure you play with the FLT and the EQ to make it to your likings. Also, I would suggest putting the instrument on either Stretch Piano 1 or 2, as the default tuning is mean tone, which isn't as pleasing to the ears.

Best Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#217168 - 04/17/05 03:43 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by o3bor:
In my opinion the Superior Grand of RD700SX is much better than Ultimate Grand.
Mainly they are different sounds: Ultimate is Yamaha-like, Superior is Steinway-like.
The only competitor that I find to RD700SX is Promega 3 (or SRX-11 expansion from Roland).[/B]

o3bor: you seem very knowledgeable about Roland keyboards, and I have a feeling that you are related to Roland Italy. Nothing wrong with that, but if that's true maybe you can comment something about the analogies or differencies between the RD700SX Superior Grand and the piano sampled in the SRX-11 card: are they the same multisample or not? Marcel wrote that he could buy an SRX-11 and add it to his Fantom XR and thus have more or less an RD700XS: is he correct in his assumption?
Final question: if the Superior Grand and the SRX 11 new piano are NOT the same, is it at least true that they have the same number of samples (four stereo samples for each key, making a total of 8 samples x 88 keys, that is 704 samples?)
Thanks!
Andrea

#217169 - 04/18/05 02:54 PM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
PaulD Offline

FYI, Those video Demo's that Dave was working on, for the Genesys are now online.
http://www.generalmusic.us/GenesysEnsemble.htm

Best Regards,

------------------
Paul Davis
Generalmusic
Generalmusic.US

#217170 - 04/18/05 10:50 PM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
very very good job Dave.Most impressive. Did you record the sound from the instrument via the Camera's internal mic or was it plugged in direct through your system ?

#217171 - 04/19/05 06:06 AM Re: Promega 2 vs. PC1X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
very very good job Dave.Most impressive. Did you record the sound from the instrument via the Camera's internal mic or was it plugged in direct through your system ?

Thanks. I am glad you liked it. The stereo audio outputs of the Genesys were plugged into a Mackie 1402VLZ mixer along with my lapel mic. However, the EQ was flat on the Genesys channels and no external effects processing was used so you are hearing the Genesys as pure as possible. The audio output from the mixer was plugged directly into a Sony mini-DV recording deck.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online