Just try KORG Pa1x......

------------------
Nice day!
Igor
Europe-Slovenija

#216542 - 08/25/05 11:07 PM Re: Korg PA1X or Yamaha 9000
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
I'm about to go for broke with my last two cents on this matter. Mega voices are almost worthless in the tyros since you can't play them....My Cd player works about the same way. When the computer plays it it sound pretty good, but when I spin it on my finger it just doesn't sound the same. Until Mega voicing is playable it is as I already stated...almost worthless. And please don't even get started on how the 3000 is a better board than the 9000. Give me a break! I have USB and a hard drive and a video card and a SCSI port and a floppy disk and 65 Megs of Ram and Multiple inputs and outputs and thats just off the top of my head what this thing has. This subject should be flaming! Everyone is going to have their favorite board and their reasons for loving it so. The age of this keyboard does not religate to obsolesence just yet. Yamaha has yet to make anything that is a quantum leap above the 9000 series keyboards. I imagine soon enough it will happen...but not yet!

IMNSHO...(in my not so humble opinion)

Dennis L. Almond
What's Shakin' Scott Yee?

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#216543 - 08/26/05 06:05 AM Re: Korg PA1X or Yamaha 9000
MartyParty Offline

Loc: New Haven, CT USA
I just downloaded some demo samples of the PA1X and I don't hear much of a differance then my PA80. I think I will persue the Yamaha 9000, or wait for the Tyros Two......
Or am I TwoNuts?

#216544 - 08/26/05 09:10 AM Re: Korg PA1X or Yamaha 9000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by MartyParty:
I just downloaded some demo samples of the PA1X and I don't hear much of a differance then my PA80. I think I will persue the Yamaha 9000, or wait for the Tyros Two......
Or am I TwoNuts?

I have a nearly unused psr9000 in my home studio. I have added hard drive, 65 mgs ram and two foot pedals and still don't like it. I have the original shipping box, manuals, etc. I am a technics owner player with 4 technics. Make me an offer.
In california.

#216545 - 08/26/05 09:11 AM Re: Korg PA1X or Yamaha 9000
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
MartyParty:

I've only heard the 3000 on mp3's and the computer, I've also heard the 9000 on mp3's and the computer, the sound seems better for the 3000.......BUT in my studio the 9000 tweaked and running thru my logitech 5500 or my behringer 1200's sounds much better than anything else I've heard on mp3's or cd's and as good as any electronic device creating actual instruments that I've been fortunate to hear.

All these keyboards do a terrific job and the 9k is just my preferrence for what I do.
My next choice would be the 3000 and not the tyros just because of the speakers, as the psr9000 opposed to the 9000 pro because of the speakers. actually I have the use of the pro at church which I installed in a permament setting about 3 years ago, and the pro was chosen because someone not knowing about electronic boards can just hit on, and play piano with both hands. eliminating having a acoustic taking up space.

Just my opinion, I'm not into the arranger part of these boards that much, but still like to fiddle around with the goodies, and hope someday to get more involved in style making etc. I'm convinced that if you play around with any of these keyboards, they'll almost do anything you can conceive in your mind and there's a way to get what your after. (Granted the newer does it easier and maybe better) but seems like the newer ones leave out great features of the old, but also has things the old dosn't have.

Also seems like all of us is destined to buy several before we come up with the one we like, then Bam they come out with some new bells and whistles, ya just gotta have.
My 9k's days may be numbered as I type, the tyII may do it (the tyI didn't) all because of the wooden speaker boxes onboard with 65 watt amp, the better key feel, the many little items like 3way split board,scat voices, the adjustments that lets a grand piano sound like a grand when you hit it hard etc etc. They all have adjustments but the 9000's do a great job and still give a hint of a real set of keys, and let you tear up a acordian tune, or do a little flamingo on the guitar.....

That's the way I like it ahuh ahuh.......Pose

#216546 - 08/27/05 09:54 AM Re: Korg PA1X or Yamaha 9000
MartyParty Offline

Loc: New Haven, CT USA
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
I have a nearly unused psr9000 in my home studio. I have added hard drive, 65 mgs ram and two foot pedals and still don't like it. I have the original shipping box, manuals, etc. I am a technics owner player with 4 technics. Make me an offer.
In california.

BeBop,

I emailed you yesterday, and I don't know if you are recieveing it. My number is 203 467-0700

Thanks,
Marty

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online