SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#215853 - 11/09/03 11:24 AM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
keybplayer. Well, yes you are correct in stating that the 9K Pro is a tough act to follow. I just do not require the latest thing assuming I am still happy with the present board. If I wasn't then the PA1X is what I would buy.
Another difficult thing is I was brought up to never lend money and never borrow money. My farther told me if I wanted something, always save up and with cash go and obtain it for the best price possible....very solid advice to a small boy of 8 years old.
This brings me to a point of if I want something I now have the money to buy it....but trying to justify that I should have it is another matter...Ha!!!!

Graham UK

#215854 - 11/09/03 03:10 PM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hello SD1007,

Congratulations on your new arrival!

If you are interested in recording some demos for us, I've got a test web server here (it's also a streaming server) that I'd be glad to post them on for a week or two.

Email address is in the profile.

Let me know.

mike

#215855 - 11/09/03 04:58 PM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
SD1007,

Since it looks like you have probably the 3 top boards, if you can have only 2 which ones would you keep?

#215856 - 11/10/03 07:42 PM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Maybe JJ took the PA1 XPro back after he realized what Roel said is true for him also. Either that or he's gleefully playing the Korg so much that he hasn't had time to respond to our recent questions and posts. What's the scoop JJ?? Fill us in, won't you???? Even if you have to speak French! We can use an online Translator to translate your posts if need be.

Best regards,
Mike

#215857 - 11/11/03 01:36 AM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
SD1007,

Since it looks like you have probably the 3 top boards, if you can have only 2 which ones would you keep?

Hello Frankieve,

It's difficult to answer because it's a question of personal taste.
I own this different keyboards because I find that any one is perfect...
I found the 9000 pro a very good kb , but I decided to sell it in attempting for the new Tyros 76 keys...(as a pianist I don't like 61 keys)

If I must add something and make a comparison Yamaha is an all-round keyboard ,sure, easy to use ,but with no surprise. I mean everything is allright but nothing special..
SD1 and Korg are not so (for me)all-round but you they can surprise you with styles and sounds. For my taste I find SD1 a little bit more complete but the mixing of the two keyboards is very interesting. The PA1 on the bottom and the SD1 on the top of my stand .I hope my answer was complete .
Greetings,
JJ

Greetings,
JJ

#215858 - 11/11/03 01:39 AM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by msutliff:
Hello SD1007,

Congratulations on your new arrival!

If you are interested in recording some demos for us, I've got a test web server here (it's also a streaming server) that I'd be glad to post them on for a week or two.

Email address is in the profile.

Let me know.

mike

Thanks for you kind proposition ..I'm sorry but I have no time for the moment but I will let you know something later .
Greetings,
JJ

#215859 - 11/11/03 02:13 AM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Maybe JJ took the PA1 XPro back after he realized what Roel said is true for him also. Either that or he's gleefully playing the Korg so much that he hasn't had time to respond to our recent questions and posts. What's the scoop JJ?? Fill us in, won't you???? Even if you have to speak French! We can use an online Translator to translate your posts if need be.

Best regards,
Mike

Hello Mike,

I want just say something to you !
I have a job that take very much time of my live, my wife have a surgery and when I have finally some free time I spend it with my keyboards in my studio ...

So please no harassment for the moment....

My goal to say here that I bought the new Korg was not to be proud to say : I have the new PA1 X" !!! No I wanted just say that it was available here in Belgium.

I don't understand why you are so excited to have a report over this kb ?
Polyphony ? I can assert that for the moment I have no problem with that ?
Sounds ? Some like harmonica (the best I've never heard), nylon guitar, church organ, are very good, other like piano (especially at the top),some sax , voices ...are not so good but it's a first impression. Keyfeeling ? One of the best..
Styles ? I agree with Roel , the fill-in , ending and intro's are not special but that is not important for me ! The most of the styles are very good and are for me complementary with SD1.(note : they are awesome styles with acoustic guitars..)
Voilą, that's all for the moment ..

Greetings,
JJ

#215860 - 11/11/03 04:57 PM Re: New PA 1 XPRO at home
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
These days with this economy, even if one finds a keyboard that completely replaces the older one, it is very difficult to buy the new one.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online