UK is United Kingdom CO is Colorado
BEBOP

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 02-24-2004).]

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-01-2004).]

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-14-2004).]

#215712 - 02/24/04 08:12 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Here's the list of people who had originally expressed serious interest in attending, but who Bebop still hasn't heard from yet. Please let us know whether you're still interested in attending. Don't miss what promises to be a fun & memorable Synthzone member get together. - Scott

- DNA
- Frank Bez (Frank Bez)
- Boo Hargis (Brickboo)
- Wizboy (Claude)
- Paul Curzan (SBPC)
- Don Mason (DonM)
- Mike (Nardoni2002)
- Jonas (KN_Fan )
- Richard Peck

#215713 - 02/25/04 11:45 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I'll double up my contribution if that's what it takes to make this a sure thing. This is going to happen, I know it.

#215714 - 02/26/04 09:24 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
I'll double up my contribution if that's what it takes to make this a sure thing. .

Bebop: I too am willing to DOUBLE up my contribution if required, to insure that our room gets reserved for us. I believe with this, we'll have $95 of the required $100 clubhouse room rental/deposit fee, so if someone can just throw in 5 more dollars, the room can now be RESERVED & GUARANTEED as ours for our May 22nd weekend event, right?

UPDATE: Frank Bez, Paul Curzan, and Richard Peck have ALL informed me (by phone or email) that they're still very much interested in attending, but due to scheduling uncertainties, wouldn't be able to make a 100% commitment quite this early.
Boo also said he was still planning to attend, but needing to sell/trade his brick equipment for an RV/camper vechicle so he could get out to California.

Ok, who else is interested in joining us for a fun filled arranger keyboard get together?

Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
This is going to happen, I know it.

Ditto!

- Scott

#215715 - 02/26/04 11:22 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI GENTS,
As soon as I get your checks I will then have 95.00. we had another person that has already paid, offer to add another 5.00. that person was Han Lukito. Eric and Claudia have already mailed in an extra 5.00. That will make the 100.00 minimum I need to make the reservation.
Thanks to Nigel and Scotty for adding an extra 10.00 to the pot, To Eric and Claudia for the extra 5.00, and also to Han if he sends me the other 5.00 he said he would.
I am gone for the next three days for my Birthday 72. My wife is blindfolding me and taking me on a three day trip in her car. No Motorhome, No Dog, No keyboards, nuttin honey. Just going to some beach and that is all Jann will tell me. Oh she did say South. HMmmmmmm South Beach as in Florida
My neighbor lady will pick up all the checks ;-). I will be back Sunday night and catch up with all the good news that will be here and admire your checks.
I think that Nigel, Scotty, Eric, and Hans should be re-imbursed when all the money is in and we have adequate. Nobody should have to pay more then the 10.00.
OR:
We can now raise the rate to 50.00 each now that 7 of us will have subsidized and own the reservation. So...........the rest of you need to get your money in here before the rate goes up.
Remember, "Money Talks, BullS--- Walks".
Best to all,
See you at the General Arrangers Jam.
APPARANTLY NO TECHNICS FORUM MEMBERS ARE COMING SO LETS CHANGE THE NAME
Bebop

#215716 - 02/26/04 11:43 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Ok Bebop, my 2nd check (for $10) is now off 'in the mail' to you. Please let us know when the clubhouse room has actually been RESERVED, and guaranteed for our use on May 22nd and 23rd. - Scott

Reminder: Here's the address to mail your 'San Jose Synthzone Get Together' $10 deposit checks to:

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot #279
San Jose, California 95123

#215717 - 02/28/04 08:43 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Bebop
Found you over here - I sent my cheque off from the UK a few days ago now...hopefully you'l have got it by the time you return from your secret trip south...
Roger M

#215718 - 02/28/04 09:49 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
KN_Fan Offline

guys,
possible schedule conflict, I may not be coming at all

sorry to be the party p**per...

but please somebody post a video clip of the party!

#215719 - 02/28/04 10:01 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Roger, it will be GREAT to see you there to get a musical perspective from your side of the pond (and across the continent to boot).

Jonas (Kn_Fan). A BIG disappoint that you won't be able to attend.

Scott

#215720 - 02/29/04 10:56 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
KN_Fan Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Roger, it will be GREAT to see you there to get a musical perspective from your side of the pond (and across the continent to boot).

Jonas (Kn_Fan). A BIG disappoint that you won't be able to attend.

Scott

Yeah I'm dissapointed too

Scott- I emailed you a keyboard question.

#215721 - 02/29/04 11:14 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
From the sounds of it (no pun intended) you're going to have a great time. I wish I could be there to hear it. Please keep us informed on the outcome. Have fun everyone.
...L

#215722 - 02/29/04 10:47 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Leon (shboom): You CAN make your 'wish' come true. Just head south (down the West Coast) from scenic BC, Canada and join us on the May 22nd in San Jose, CA. Would love to see you at our Synthzone get together. I've ridden and highly recommend taking the scenic train from BC, Canada to San Jose via the Amtrack Coast Starlight, one of the most scenic train routes in the USA.
http://www.amtrak.com/trains/coaststarlight.html

- Scott

#215723 - 03/01/04 04:13 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

I have received three more checks from
Scott Yee, California
Roger Mepstead, England
Boo Hargis, Colorado.

I will try to get to the bank tomorrow and cash these checks. As soon as they clear in about 10 days I will be able to book the clubhouse and these 9 people will be confirmed for the SynthZone JAM
BEBOP
PS: Latest news: I met with Ronee, our manager this morning for coffee and she has allowed me to have a positive and exclusive booking of the clubhouse for May 22/23 and it is confirmed as of now, and would only be subject to cancellation if the required deposit is not in her hands a week or two before hand. So WE ARE CONFIRMED.
Get your 10.00 check in the mail if you want to be confirmed also. Then you will get a timeslot, a door pass and any snacks inside.
Thanks to all. Looking forward to meeting you all as in all y'all
Bebop

[This message has been edited by BEBOP (edited 03-02-2004).]

#215724 - 03/02/04 10:30 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Synthzone Jam now confirmed for May 22/23. Booking is confirmed in the clubhouse
Bebop

#215725 - 03/02/04 10:45 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
shboom Offline

Sorry Scott...We;re playing in Alberta that weekend (3 days), and darn it...my Rocket Man Jet Pack is in the shop!!
btw:My site's up an running with demos if you're interested.
http://members.shaw.ca/shboom with thanks to my soundman Dave Ox.
...L

[This message has been edited by shboom (edited 03-02-2004).]

#215726 - 03/02/04 12:46 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

ShBoom,
I too am sorry to hear you are not coming as we might have once been neighbors. I came from Anacortes originally and used to play up in BC and also Bellingham. Even have an x wife from Burnaby. We could have lotsa interesting conversations. I was at Victoria last year as our Alaska cruise from San Francisco stopped there.
Best to you
Bebop

#215727 - 03/02/04 01:05 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
shboom Offline

I am too Bill. You've got my e-mail. If you're up this way, let me know, it would be great to meet you.
What am I saying...it would be great to meet any of you.
Have a great time people.

------------------
...L

#215728 - 03/06/04 09:33 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

HI All,
One of the checks I received from a UK member attending presents some interesting problems. I now can understand what the guy in Spain was talking about regarding sending in his deposit for this Synthzone Jam.
I took all the checks to the bank yesterday to deposit and clear them. I was advised by the bank manager that the UK check in Pounds Sterling would have to be placed with a clearing house for collection. This will take 6 to 8 weeks to clear it and it will be subject to fees depending on the check and their fee schedule. The manager was unable to quote me the fee from the clearing house.
That said you are now warned do not send me Checks. Place the equivelent amount of cash in tin foil, wrap in paper and mail it to me at my address that is in this post.
When you get here do not plan on cashing any checks. You will have no problem with cash or credit cards getting instant conversion cash at any US bank from your Credit Card Advance.
You have to remember that a check is a line of credit and is not money, until it is paid by your bank.
I hope this info will help those of you on foreigh soil that are planning on attending.
We are now short 5.00 for the deposit. ANYBODY GOT A CHECK IN THE MAIL FOR ME?? I hope
Thanks to all,
Bebop

#215729 - 03/08/04 02:47 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Scott and Bill
£20 in the post...so that should cover it..
Go for it fellas...
Roger M

#215730 - 03/08/04 08:39 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Hiya Scott and Bill
£20 in the post...so that should cover it..
Go for it fellas...
Roger M

YO Roger,
Thank you a bunch. That will sure take care of the problem
best to you,
Bebop

#215731 - 03/10/04 08:12 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Today my banker advised me they now have a better way to handle checks drawn on foreign soil banks and in fact had the funds already for the check from the UK that was waiting for exchange funds.
If anyone else wants to send a check from a foreign bank I can deal with it at my bank now without problem.
Our kitty now has 105.28 in it and we are confirmed for our date of May22 and 23.
I will be watching the mail for anymore checks for those of you that are planning on attending and respond to them here in this forum.
Thanks to all those that have their funds here already.
Best to all
Bebop

#215732 - 03/10/04 09:16 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Our kitty now has 105.28 in it and we are confirmed for our date of May22 and 23.

Hi Bebop, Yipee! I'm getting 'even more' psyched up & excited about our San Jose, CA get together, now that you've confirmed that the club house room has now been officially RESERVED for us.

Now that this event is a 'sure thing', I hope others will now give more serious thought to joining us in what promises to be a music packed weekend of arranger keyboard fun in San Jose, California.

Again: Here's the address to mail your 'San Jose Synthzone Get Together' $10 deposit checks to:

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot #279
San Jose, California 95123

Scott

#215733 - 03/10/04 10:22 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe sometime in the future we could have such a get-together on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, when it is easier for working musicians to get off.
I won't know if I can "arrange" to be there until closer to time.
DonM

#215734 - 03/11/04 05:33 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Maybe sometime in the future we could have such a get-together on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, when it is easier for working musicians to get off.

Yes, you make a good point, but even 'these' days could conflict with those 'bread & better' day gigs that many of us rely on as well.

In the case of important 'not to be missed' events (both business & pleasure) like our upcoming SZ get together, I simply block out and reserve the time, no matter what day(s) it might land on. I had figured since our get together was annouced over 3 months in advance, that would give people ample time to block out that specific weekend on their calendar, adjust their schedule & find a sub if required, secure airfare & lodging. Even with my busy & hectic lifestyle, I'm still able to fit in most of the things I want to do by simply reserving ahead. Don, though I realize the long distance, I hope you still might be able to make it out here for our San Jose synthzone get together. Would really love to see & learn how you acheive your terrific live pitch bend guitar stuff on the arranger. - Scott

#215735 - 03/11/04 10:29 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

I wrote our SynthZone Jam attendee Roger about the problem I ran into with the check from UK, and how my bank manager solved the problem and was able to deposit the funds at once.
Roger had already mailed me another 20.00 currency and he SEZ: Keep it and use it for whatever is needed and to help guarantee that this gig goes forward.
Wow, what a generous and kind man.
Are there any more like this on this forum?
YES THERE ARE:
Scotty Yee through in an extra 10.00 and ERIC B. through in an extra 5.00. I too will be throwing in extra as needed for the enjoyment of this great bunch of people coming over to my house to play
Thank you to Roger, Scott, and Eric.
Another 20 Pounds of money might buy 20 pounds of snacks and colas
Thank you Roger, I am watching the mailbox.
Is anyone else coming to our SynthZone Party? Get those checks in the mail. $10.00 won't make or break you but it will sure help to get this show on the road.
Looking at the posts above, Maybe we could have another one near the end of the year on a Sunday and Monday which are often black nights in the club, or were when I used to gig 5 nights.
Whatcha think about that?

#215736 - 03/11/04 07:32 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Today I got a nice pair of 10 pound sterling bills, banknotes or what ever they call them over in the UK. I call it CASH
These just came in from our man in the UK, Roger Mepstead. I will go to the bank tomorrow and convert them to about $32.00 or so USD. I will let you know. That will help our collection for snacks.
Thank you Roger for your latest generosity
You bet my keyboards will be available for your use Roger. Just bring your sd cards and Jam. I think you now have 4 of the 1/2 hour slots
Bebop

#215737 - 03/12/04 03:24 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
RMepstead Offline

Hey you devils - I'm coming to chat mostly - sleep....what's that..eh!
Roger M

#215738 - 03/14/04 07:25 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Roger Mepstead sent in another pair of 10 pound sterling notes.
I just got them converted to $34.38 US dollars.
Roger's 6 pound Sterling check was converted to $10.28 US dollars.
That is now a total of 44.66 US dollars Roger has sent in to me.
He can play for 2/14 hours now and I will furnish him a keyboard of his choice.
Thanks Roger.
Bebop

#215739 - 03/20/04 08:39 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

WE have 9 people paid up and committed to attending the Synthzone Jam in San Jose, on May 22/23.
Is there any further interest in this get together by anyone here in this forum?
Kinly let me hear from you if you plan to come. We are looking for a minimum of 15 people to attend.
Best to all,
Bebop

#215740 - 03/20/04 09:37 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Dnj Offline

Its a shame that there are only 9 people attending....I was hoping you would get at least 25 or so....maybe it wil pick up soon.

#215741 - 03/20/04 10:08 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
There would have been at least 10 if it was held in Ba Ba Bakers fiellldddd.

Aah, the smell of cattle, horses, and other farm animals on the open range. Nothing like it. You guys wait and see. The weekend of the Synthzone Jam, Bakersfield will be sunny and about 82 degrees and San Jose will be cloudy and drizzling and the temperature will be about 55 degrees.

Not only that but George Jones and Buck Owens will take center stage at the Crystal Palace together. See what you Northerners are going to miss?

Y'all try and stay warm now ya' hear?

Only kidding guys but you might want to take a jacket just in case. Oh, please don't rain on my parade, la la la la, ha ha ha ha.... LOL

Best regards,
Mike

Actually; with all kidding aside, I hope everybody has a great time in cold damp San Jose. Oops, I did it again.

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 03-20-2004).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online