SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#215731 - 03/10/04 08:12 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Today my banker advised me they now have a better way to handle checks drawn on foreign soil banks and in fact had the funds already for the check from the UK that was waiting for exchange funds.
If anyone else wants to send a check from a foreign bank I can deal with it at my bank now without problem.
Our kitty now has 105.28 in it and we are confirmed for our date of May22 and 23.
I will be watching the mail for anymore checks for those of you that are planning on attending and respond to them here in this forum.
Thanks to all those that have their funds here already.
Best to all
Bebop

#215732 - 03/10/04 09:16 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by BEBOP:
Our kitty now has 105.28 in it and we are confirmed for our date of May22 and 23.

Hi Bebop, Yipee! I'm getting 'even more' psyched up & excited about our San Jose, CA get together, now that you've confirmed that the club house room has now been officially RESERVED for us.

Now that this event is a 'sure thing', I hope others will now give more serious thought to joining us in what promises to be a music packed weekend of arranger keyboard fun in San Jose, California.

Again: Here's the address to mail your 'San Jose Synthzone Get Together' $10 deposit checks to:

Bill Forrest
195 Blossom Hill Road
Lot #279
San Jose, California 95123

Scott

#215733 - 03/10/04 10:22 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Maybe sometime in the future we could have such a get-together on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, when it is easier for working musicians to get off.
I won't know if I can "arrange" to be there until closer to time.
DonM

#215734 - 03/11/04 05:33 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Maybe sometime in the future we could have such a get-together on Sunday, Monday or Tuesday, when it is easier for working musicians to get off.

Yes, you make a good point, but even 'these' days could conflict with those 'bread & better' day gigs that many of us rely on as well.

In the case of important 'not to be missed' events (both business & pleasure) like our upcoming SZ get together, I simply block out and reserve the time, no matter what day(s) it might land on. I had figured since our get together was annouced over 3 months in advance, that would give people ample time to block out that specific weekend on their calendar, adjust their schedule & find a sub if required, secure airfare & lodging. Even with my busy & hectic lifestyle, I'm still able to fit in most of the things I want to do by simply reserving ahead. Don, though I realize the long distance, I hope you still might be able to make it out here for our San Jose synthzone get together. Would really love to see & learn how you acheive your terrific live pitch bend guitar stuff on the arranger. - Scott

#215735 - 03/11/04 10:29 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

I wrote our SynthZone Jam attendee Roger about the problem I ran into with the check from UK, and how my bank manager solved the problem and was able to deposit the funds at once.
Roger had already mailed me another 20.00 currency and he SEZ: Keep it and use it for whatever is needed and to help guarantee that this gig goes forward.
Wow, what a generous and kind man.
Are there any more like this on this forum?
YES THERE ARE:
Scotty Yee through in an extra 10.00 and ERIC B. through in an extra 5.00. I too will be throwing in extra as needed for the enjoyment of this great bunch of people coming over to my house to play
Thank you to Roger, Scott, and Eric.
Another 20 Pounds of money might buy 20 pounds of snacks and colas
Thank you Roger, I am watching the mailbox.
Is anyone else coming to our SynthZone Party? Get those checks in the mail. $10.00 won't make or break you but it will sure help to get this show on the road.
Looking at the posts above, Maybe we could have another one near the end of the year on a Sunday and Monday which are often black nights in the club, or were when I used to gig 5 nights.
Whatcha think about that?

#215736 - 03/11/04 07:32 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Today I got a nice pair of 10 pound sterling bills, banknotes or what ever they call them over in the UK. I call it CASH
These just came in from our man in the UK, Roger Mepstead. I will go to the bank tomorrow and convert them to about $32.00 or so USD. I will let you know. That will help our collection for snacks.
Thank you Roger for your latest generosity
You bet my keyboards will be available for your use Roger. Just bring your sd cards and Jam. I think you now have 4 of the 1/2 hour slots
Bebop

#215737 - 03/12/04 03:24 AM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hey you devils - I'm coming to chat mostly - sleep....what's that..eh!
Roger M

#215738 - 03/14/04 07:25 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

Roger Mepstead sent in another pair of 10 pound sterling notes.
I just got them converted to $34.38 US dollars.
Roger's 6 pound Sterling check was converted to $10.28 US dollars.
That is now a total of 44.66 US dollars Roger has sent in to me.
He can play for 2/14 hours now and I will furnish him a keyboard of his choice.
Thanks Roger.
Bebop

#215739 - 03/20/04 08:39 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
BEBOP Offline

WE have 9 people paid up and committed to attending the Synthzone Jam in San Jose, on May 22/23.
Is there any further interest in this get together by anyone here in this forum?
Kinly let me hear from you if you plan to come. We are looking for a minimum of 15 people to attend.
Best to all,
Bebop

#215740 - 03/20/04 09:37 PM Re: SYNTHZONE JAM PAID AND CONFIRMED
Dnj Offline

Its a shame that there are only 9 people attending....I was hoping you would get at least 25 or so....maybe it wil pick up soon.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online