SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#215619 - 10/05/07 02:45 PM Re: Bought another Roland today
zuki Offline

OK, I got slammed But the thread was "make me an offer I can't refuse". I just vizualized Cass in his basement, kicking the dog and throwing a fit while trying to work through the G70 learning curve. Thought I might catch him at a vulnerable time.

I felt a sudden urge to try something huge like the 70, but since I'd have to throw in a Hammond?

Besides, more jobs and now with the G10 2 powers - the 900 is a keeper. I'd really be crazy to unload it for the unknown.

zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#215620 - 10/05/07 04:45 PM Re: Bought another Roland today
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm pretty much over the hump on that learning curve. Almost all of my equipment is always for sale. I'll never pass up an opportunity to go better, newer, smaller if the "price is right." So far I've been able to keep up with the new technology without losing my shirt. Shrewd trades and good buys come about when you are patient and do your homework. I really am thinking of keeping that battleship after all, unless...

And the thread was about - the Roland CM-30 Cube monitor amp. I can't wait until I use it on the job next weekend. I tried it in the store and it blew me away. I can foresee using my NanoVerb with it. Yeah!

And speaking of shrewd trades and good buys - I think Fran got an exceptional buy on that Roland V-Stand I sold. Thinking back, I could have asked for more or maybe even kept it, but it helped pay the final balance on the G, so everyone's happy

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-05-2007).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online