Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#215100 - 10/01/00 05:33 AM PSR9000 pro demo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yesterday was a organ and keyboard meeting
here in Holland.
all keyboards new on the market and upgrades
were shown ! and played by the best players of europe !the day started at 10 in the mornig with demo,s of all kind of keyboards.
The new 9000 pro ,played by Peter Baartmans-
made a big show of it.
A lot of new sounds and new drums and not anymore the looks of a cheap keyboard.
it have a lot of new options,and you can put
a DX7 card into it and many more options.
As a KN6 player i think for performers on stage it is a real pro machine and the new sounds are a lot improved.
The demo of the VA7 was also impressing a
lot and also the KN6000 with the new expansion board was a great improvement.
All the top keyboards with a good performer behind it are good on stage.
I stay to my KN 6000 including the exp,board
because it is for me the best to play with.
And easy to edit and to make youre own sound on it.
Regards Arno v Denderen
Holland.

------------------

#215101 - 10/01/00 09:18 AM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Arno
It sure sounds like that was a very interesting day, exploring the latest keyboards. Can you tell me, why is it that the newest keyboards appear first in Holland? You are lucky to see and hear all these many months before they ever get to the US.
Tom

#215102 - 10/01/00 10:45 AM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
Clif Anderson Offline

I wasn't asked, but, arrangers are introduced in Europe before the U.S. because the Europeans buy more of them and because the Europeans regard arrangers more highly than do Americans. "Keyboard Magazine", probably the most popular keyboard magazine in America almost never reviews arrangers. I think they have asked their readership if they wanted arrangers reviewed and were told no. Pro music stores sell arranger keyboards, but the salesmen do not like to touch the arrangers. (Much like the prejudice typist used to have toward word processors.) Obviously, the exceptions are well represented in this group. But in Europe there are lots of Uncle Daves, Fran Carangos, and George Kayes. So the arranger manufacturers address the European appetite for arrangers first. The pattern is that arrangers are introduced first at Music Meese in Hamburg, Germany, during October, and then in Anaheim, California, at NAMM in January. I still wonder why The Netherlands would be first among the European countries.

#215103 - 10/01/00 10:46 AM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
Clif Anderson Offline

By the way, while you Europeans are getting early looks at the 9000Pro, I wonder if you could check to see if there has been any improvements in the quantity or quality of the styles.

#215104 - 10/01/00 12:21 PM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Aww they just use the European countries as test markets so they can identify all the bugs before sending them to the U.S. They don't correct the bugs, but they develop advertising that tries to convince us they are features instead of bugs. :>)

#215105 - 10/01/00 02:28 PM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Clif Anderson:
I still wonder why The Netherlands would be first among the European countries.

These are only my guesses, but it might have to do with the way musical instruments and/or gear is sold in The Netherlands.
You will have to look very hard, to find any sale's people in the Netherlands who don't know the instrument they are selling.
The standard and technical knowhow is very high in The Netherlands.
Most of the Salespeople are good players and do know the instruments they are selling.
Also the lines between customers/shops and importers are very short and have direct response.

A good example f.i. is Roland Benelux.
Like most of the usa users are complaining about service, you won't hear anybody about
Roland Benelux.

Then indeed it could be a test market as well. The arrangers are very popular in The Netherlands.

By the way there's also a Technics PR-903 demo. Don't know what that is.

Fred

#215106 - 10/01/00 02:48 PM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello folks.
The most arranger keyboard styles are mostly-
from european orgin,
I read many magazines about it, also the -
German magazines and when they test a keyboard ,you have a real six page article -
with all the pro and contra,s about these great machines.
I dont know why,but the most new things we
find it here on the market.
The new Hammond arranger keyboard is also a
dutch design!
About the improvements of the 9000pro ,i have heard very nice new drums,brass and a
very good grand piano .
and it looks much better than the "std' 9000.
It is not so that there is a test market -
here in europe,we get the same hardware like everybody else.
but in europe you can find a lot of software o/t market fot different instruments.
As you maybe know,the HD-SX6 for the K6000-
is developed in switserland and most of the styles of the roland ,yamaha and technics are european products.
the most keyboard factorys are in Italy !
They make Roland ,Korg,Farfisa and GEM off
course.
So it is not so strange that we have a lot of Premieres at here.
Regards ,Arno v Denderen

Netherlands.

------------------

#215107 - 10/02/00 04:01 PM Re: PSR9000 pro demo
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hi all,

Well you guys over the pond get all the hollywood premiers, bigger celebs than us and all the good films long before we do.

I would think then that it is only fair that the really important thing in life (keyboards) come over here first :-))

Hugs 'n' stuff
Tony

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online