SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#215036 - 10/23/02 10:06 PM Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Arbaz Offline

Dear Arranger users I have a question to ask some of you might know what I am talking about is that Korg arranger’s keyboards offer up to 6 chord variation in style what actually does that you hear a different ACC every time you change a chord say from major to minor or from minor to 7th now PA80 is one step ahead and you can actually have different instruments assigned for each chord variation, now I want to know what other keyboard in the market offer these same chord variation feature? Is it possible to do it in PSR2000? Now I know that Genesis offer up to 3 chord variation but does Yamaha keyboards offer that? What about Roland, please guys help me out here I am in the market for an arranger and this single feature is a major deciding factor for me…

#215037 - 10/24/02 04:36 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Arbaz,
the Roland VA7 can record a different variation for Maj, Min and 7th chords for every section of a style (intro, basic, advanced, fills, ending). This means, for example, that it will play an entirely different Intro depending if you play a major, minor or seventh chord. I haven't checked the SD1, but I would be surprised if it couldn't do the same.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 10-24-2002).]

#215038 - 10/24/02 09:02 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Arbaz,
the Roland VA7 can record a different variation for Maj, Min and 7th chords for every section of a style (intro, basic, avanced, fills, ending).

Can the VA76 do this as well ?

AJ

#215039 - 10/24/02 09:22 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Arbaz Offline

Thanks Dreamer,
Do you know if it is also possible on PSR2000! or any other yamaha board?

#215040 - 10/24/02 10:35 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Dreamer Offline

AJ,
the answer is YES, and it makes sense, considering that basically it's the same keyboard.
(are you planning to buy one?)

#215041 - 10/24/02 10:36 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Dreamer Offline

Arbaz,
I don't have a clue about Yamaha, but there are so many Yamaha users on this board that I bet you'll get soon an answer.

#215042 - 10/24/02 10:45 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Clif Anderson Offline

My PSR-8000 does not provide for different accompaniments for different chord forms. I suspect that this has not changed as the new (4-section) styles remain partially backward compatible with the older PSRs.

#215043 - 10/24/02 11:59 AM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I am not really planning to buy a VA76 at this time Andrea. I want to check out the XD9 and maybe the Tyros first before I consider making another purchase. I would not rule the VA76 out though, but I need to spend some more time with it and the others before making a decision. I'm not sure I need another arranger anyway ( at least not for now ), and I think I might be hard pressed to find another one with similar editing features and the flexibility of my PA80. Still, the 2 fills per style thing has always bugged me about it and I'm not closing the door on anything. Money is an issue at this time, maybe that will change a little later on, but if I was making the purchase now, I might have to sell the PA80 to get a VA76, and I'm not sure I want to do that at all. I definitely am keeping the Motif, but anything else could become expendable if I really gotta have one of the latest boards.

So for right now, pending demos ( or more demo time ) with these boards my priorities and possibilities look like this for a new arranger:

First choice: XD9. Great sounds / styles ( pending a live demo of course ) and not as expensiveProbably can buy it and keep the PA80.

Next choices The XD1 or the VA76 but would likely have to sell off my PA80 or some other gear. I like the VA76 more than I thought I would, but I'm not quite ready to change to it from the PA80.

After that:
Genesys, I love the concept of the Genesys, but it's another board that I can't really afford right now. Who knows though, I could demo one and like it so much that it would compel me to make the moves I need to to get one

Tyros, and anything else I missed. Unless Tyros is a lot different than the 9000 / other current PSR boards, I'm not really interested. I already have Yamaha sounds in the Motif anyway. Would also have to sell my PA80 for it.

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-24-2002).]

#215044 - 10/24/02 01:39 PM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
kari1 Offline

Cliff

Yes, the Yamaha arrangers including the PSR8k do provide for different accompaniments for different chord forms. However, that is seldomly used in the Yamaha styles.

You can see how that is done by using the CasmEdit program from Evgeni Osonenko. It can be downloaded from http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/files/Osenenko/

Kari

#215045 - 10/24/02 01:47 PM Re: Chord Variations in Style...Please read in...
tracknet Offline

Hi

ARBAZ and DREAMER say about chord variation in styles for Maj, Min and 7th chords, for every section of a style (intro, basic, advanced, fills, ending). It give a great richness for styles, so they may be less repetitive.

But, when these VA7 styles are converted for a keyboard, e.g. PSR2000, whose styles haven't that "chord variation", what's happens?

Playing these VA7 converted styles on a PSR2000, have you similar chord variation?

Cheers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online