SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#214873 - 01/04/05 10:59 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
flatfoot Offline

Loc: sacramento CA
>>> T-EZ: Yep, instant experts seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days. What's next? Guess they'll be on the neurosurgery BBS telling surgeons how to do a frontal lobotomy using a gold-plated scapel. Hey, it must be better--it's gold plated! <<<<<<

Actually, titanium is the way to go. A client of mine owns a fly-fishing store. He likes to joke about how his customers will buy anything as long as its made out of titanium. Then I spent some time watching the actual behavior of his customers and I discovered that he was not really joking. He has knives, tackle boxes and all kinds of gadgets in both titanium and in conventional materials. The titanium far outsells the other stuff. And to make it even funniers, most of his customers actually are doctors and surgeons.

Douglas Wolfe

#214874 - 01/04/05 11:02 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I deleted my post, not because it wasn't true, but after reading it today, it seemed unnecessarily inflammatory.
I only hope people will refrain from judging equipment they haven't used, or at least heard.
DonM

#214875 - 01/04/05 11:11 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
It seems that some members are insulted by what I wrote, even though it is just my opinion and there was no intention to insult anyone. My apologies! As far as never having tried the Logitechs, I do have the klipse PC speakers that are 400watts, superior speakers to the logitechs, so I do have a reference to base my opinion on. As far as the comment someone made of I trying to be above the rest; I beleive I didn't say anything for someone to assume such a thing. I was just giving my opinion based on my experiences in the music world I live in. We all are out there doing something we love and the rewards are greater than we sometimes acknowledge. To please people, put a smile on their face, being the center of attention, feeling proud of yourself and making money at the same time. Does it get any better? Lets stop trying to make this a competition of who's who and so on and get back to what this forum is really about and that is helping each other on our musical journey. As far as being new as someone mentioned, does that really matter? Besides, I have been involved with this forum for a very long time...

#214876 - 01/04/05 11:12 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
DonM
I hope so too. By the way, I use my Z2200 with my kn7000 in a 20 pc band, and have enough volume and no distortion. Amazing ?

Bernie

#214877 - 01/04/05 11:25 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
DonM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
It seems that some members are insulted by what I wrote, even though it is just my opinion and there was no intention to insult anyone. My apologies! As far as never having tried the Logitechs, I do have the klipse PC speakers that are 400watts, superior speakers to the logitechs, so I do have a reference to base my opinion on. As far as the comment someone made of I trying to be above the rest; I beleive I didn't say anything for someone to assume such a thing. I was just giving my opinion based on my experiences in the music world I live in. We all are out there doing something we love and the rewards are greater than we sometimes acknowledge. To please people, put a smile on their face, being the center of attention, feeling proud of yourself and making money at the same time. Does it get any better? Lets stop trying to make this a competition of who's who and so on and get back to what this forum is really about and that is helping each other on our musical journey. As far as being new as someone mentioned, does that really matter? Besides, I have been involved with this forum for a very long time...

I deleted my post already because I felt it was out of line. I probably misinterpreted what you said.
I'd still like to hear some music from you though!
Peace,
DonM

#214878 - 01/05/05 01:58 AM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
Exound Offline

Loc: Hoorn, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by SYNTH_GUY:
As far as never having tried the Logitechs, I do have the klipse PC speakers that are 400watts, superior speakers to the logitechs, so I do have a reference to base my opinion on.

Synth-Guy why do you think Klipsch is superior to Logitech? Only because it's Logitech?
You've never heard or tried the Z-2200.
The Z-2200 are the same speakers as Alesis use for ProActive 5.1 ...look for yourself
alesis
I use the z-2200 only at home (not for gigs) but I can tell you that they sound great and...loud.
Jan

#214879 - 01/05/05 12:19 PM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
SYNTH_GUY Offline

Loc: CT/NY, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Exound:
Synth-Guy why do you think Klipsch is superior to Logitech? Only because it's Logitech?
You've never heard or tried the Z-2200.
The Z-2200 are the same speakers as Alesis use for ProActive 5.1 ...look for yourself
alesis
I use the z-2200 only at home (not for gigs) but I can tell you that they sound great and...loud.
Jan

Look up the specs on the Klipse thx speakers, satelites w/ actual tweeters and double 8" woofers, vs the logtitechs, YOU BE THE JUDGE!

#214880 - 01/05/05 01:17 PM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Yep appearences do matter when playing professionally. When people say "All that sound is coming from those little speakers?" I tell them that they are state of the art and they cost me a bundle but they are worth it.

Tom

#214881 - 01/05/05 01:32 PM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Nice slugfest, guys... more excitement here than last night's game. What a disappointment that was.

#214882 - 01/05/05 06:24 PM Re: Hows this for a sound system?
DonM Offline

Wasn't a disappointment for me! I won quite a large (for me) wager. Oklahoma wouldn't finish in the top half of the SEC. And I'm from Oklahoma.
DonM

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online