SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#214685 - 12/22/06 11:14 AM Re: Anyone Going to Namm
Diki Online   content

Loc: NW Florida
So just owning one the ultra-high-end doesn't guarantee happiness? You see why I worry about the price/performance of the edge of the bell-curve.

It's a lot easier to accept certain shortcomings (and, let's face it, EVERY keyboard has some of those!) if we don't buy the most expensive keyboard we can.

[This message has been edited by Diki (edited 12-22-2006).]

#214686 - 12/22/06 11:47 AM Re: Anyone Going to Namm
Ensnareyou Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
So just owning one the ultra-high-end doesn't guarantee happiness? You see why I worry about the price/performance of the edge of the bell-curve.

It's a lot easier to accept certain shortcomings (and, let's face it, EVERY keyboard has some of those!) if we don't buy the most expensive keyboard we can.

It's all relative really. The Oasys as a synthesizer is a phenomenal instrument and has no competition to its Karma and Wavesequencing capabilities. Does it lack many features it should have, absolutely. The sequencer and hard disk recorder are a complete joke and the GUI could be quite a bit better with some massaging of software. Korg could effectively fix all these issues in future OS updates but whether or not they do so is questionable at best. I'm awaiting the new OS which should be shown at NAMM next month.

When buying any instrument you have to weigh its strong points and its shortcomings. When I first saw the Oasys after it was released it was nowhere near where it should have been for an $8500 instrument. I waited a while for Korg to fix bugs, add new features, and for the price to drop a bit. After that I bought the Oasys for what it did best, synth sounds. Would I like it to be a complete workstation as Korg markets it, sure! But I'm willing to give Korg a chance before I decide to abandon the platform entirely. I did the same thing when I owned my Yamaha 9000 Pro... I waited and waited for software updates that were promised by Yamaha and when I saw no inkling they'd materialize, I sold the 9000 Pro.

#214687 - 12/22/06 02:30 PM Re: Anyone Going to Namm
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I received a call today from the new Ketron distributors. They will be at NAMM but since they signed up late they will be in a different booth then usual.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online