SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#214636 - 11/24/05 04:12 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
George,

Wishing you a safe and quick recovery from your surgery. Amazing what medicine can do now to get us back on our feet so quickly.

Hope this does not affect your appetite for Thanksgiving Day!

-Linda

#214637 - 11/24/05 06:33 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Good Luck and speedy recovery !

Dan O'

#214638 - 11/24/05 06:51 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Herniated disk or not, I would consult a chiropractor FIRST before opting for surgery. I recommended that for my wife 6 years ago, and she has been fine ever since WITHOUT the surgery!!!!

George, if your looking please check out that advice first!!!!

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#214639 - 11/24/05 07:07 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
George,

Hopefully, everything will work out OK, and with todays new surgical techniques, herniated disk surgery is now done as a minimaly invansive and the results are far better than just a decade ago. However, don't be in a rush to go back to doing things the way you did in the past. I'm sure the surgeon will restrict what and how you can lift things for the next few months. This is a precautionary step to avoid severe injury to the area where the disks are removed, and to allow the vertebra to fuse naturally, which takes several weeks. Play it safe, let someone else take care of the store for a while, and take some time to smell the roses.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#214640 - 11/24/05 08:57 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
George

A VERY big thank you and a speedy recovery.

Regards,

#214641 - 11/24/05 08:58 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
George. Best wishes from the UK.

#214642 - 11/24/05 09:41 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
george ,i wish you a speedy recovery,enjoy the rest,and take it easy,mike

#214643 - 11/24/05 11:08 AM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
ocomain Offline

George,

You are definitely one of the good guys and this forum has long benefited from your excellent information and sage advice. We wish you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Take good care,

Michael & Family

#214644 - 11/24/05 12:25 PM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
George.

Have a good and fast recovery.

Regards.
Armando

#214645 - 11/24/05 12:50 PM Re: George Kaye is having back surgery
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
thank you all so much for your well wishes. I consider you all my extended family.
My back pain really started back in August and I've exhausted chiropractic help, physical theropy and after an MRI, clearly the only way for me to go is with a microdiscectomy. A small incision with a microscope will trim the disk which is going into the nerve. I know many people who have had this surgery and feel instant relieve with very minimum discomfort from the surgery intself. I will be in the hospital Monday morning, surgery at 7AM and probably home that same afternoon or the next morning at the latest. The pain has been so bad that for the past month I can barely walk or sit down. With the Motrin I've been taking the past 4 months, I've been able to cope at work, but now, not being able to take any more Motrin 2 weeks before surgery, it's been very painful. A friend of mine just had the same surgery last week and he couldn't believe how much better he felt immediately following the surgery and he was home that night and sitting at the dining room table and taking walks outside the next day.
Thank you again for your prayers and thoughts. They help a great deal. I'm borrowing my sons laptap and I lie here in bed hearing all the sounds and smells of my wife and kids preparing Thanksgiving dinner. I feel really bad being stuck here in my bed. I hope I can make out for a few minutes later to at least have a few bites of here delicious meal. I really feel the worst for having to put my family through all of this over the past several months. It's my son John's Freshman year at college and he is home this weekend and will be running my store until he leaves on Sunday. I have my other employees steping up to the plate and helping out all they can. I really think I'll be OK to return by the end of the week and trust me........I haven't been lifting anything for months now so I'm getting used to it.
My thoughts for all of you is to have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Holiday season and to remember that this wonderful internet site has brought so many of us together.
Warmest thoughts ,
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online