SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#214561 - 04/30/03 08:12 PM PSRTUTORIAL April Newsletter
Joe Waters Offline

Loc: Sterling, VA USA
I've generally kept the psrtutorial update notices on the psr forums, but since the site has now reached it's one-year birthday, I thought I'd post the most recent newsletter here in case there are some psr (or other) players who aren't aware of it.
------------------------
New Style Disks

In April Gary Diamond provided us with two additional Gig disks, #4 and #5, with 30 “songs” on each disk. As many of you know, the files are actually style files that are named with a song that the style goes with. Gary’s Gig Disks have proven to be very popular. As of the end of April, about 7,000 people have requested #2, #3, and #4. The first disk has been requested now by almost 10,000 users.

In spite of my weeklong vacation in Louisiana, I did get another Tyros2K style disk completed, Bonus #12. That makes 180 Tyros2K styles now available at the site. These Tyros2K disks are also very popular. The very first disk, Bonus #1, has now been downloaded almost 13,000 times.

New Songs

Bruno Schettino added volumes 13 and 14 in April and provided a “wav” file (Dom Bruno Mambo) and an MP3 (Ave Maria). Del Kay gave us his 16th volume. Del’s page also has an MP3 (September in the Rain) so you can hear him sing as well as play. Chris Bell, one of the original set of PSR Performers, is back with his 3rd and 4th volumes. All told, our PSR Performers have now provided some 750 midi songs.

We always welcome new performers. Why don’t YOU have your own page among the “PSR Performers”? Just put together a volume of 10 songs along with a picture and a brief bio and I will be more than happy to add you to our site.

New Lessons

I haven’t had time to author any of my own lessons this month, but I did add quite a few lessons to our series on "Secrets of Chords and Chord Progressions." New this month are lessons on Minor 7th, Diminished 7th, 11th, and 13th chords, as well as Chord Suspensions, Altered Chords, and Slash Chords. With these additional 7 lessons we complete the second class in this series “Chords 102.”

Next up will be two more classes, with half dozen or more lessons in each class, on “Chord Progressions.” There’s a lot of material here to tackle all at once. But if you try and keep up with one lesson a week, then you are taking a much smaller bite and, before you know it, you will have learned a very great deal.

One Year Old

The original posting of the psrtutorial site ( http://psrtutorial.com )was in April of last year. I started the “counter” on the home page on May 6. In another few days, we will be at the one-year anniversary of that counter, which now shows about 38,000 visits to that home page. When I moved to my new site in mid December, I gained access to server statistics on web activity. That’s how I am able to determine how many “requests” the site has received for files, such as the ZIPed style and MIDI files. When I looked recently, I was really stunned by the amount of download activity as evidenced by some of the statistics mentioned in this newsletter. I’m very pleased that folks find this site useful.

I’m looking forward to the next year. I’m particularly looking forward to getting the new PSR-2100 so the site can evolve along with the keyboard. Aren’t arranger keyboards great!!! - Joe Waters

#214562 - 05/01/03 05:43 AM Re: PSRTUTORIAL April Newsletter
Beakybird Offline

Thank you again, Joe. You are wonderful. You are the PSR philanthropist. Superlative,

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 05-01-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online