SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#214336 - 03/13/05 04:20 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
to the genesys Offline

An arranger with a sequencer with editing capabilities is very important for gigging musicians. Sometimes you don’t always want to play with styles but use full songs.

With respect to a sampler, it is not just for creating goofing sounds, but also a way to increase your sound arsenal. A sampler makes a gig more personal to the musician that is you can have signature sounds and effects that you can be known by.

An editable sequencer and sampler is just the minimum that pro musicians expect and demand with a high-end/flagship keyboard whether workstation or arranger.
A module with an editable sequencer and sampler would give a professional musician so much flexibility in terms of creating music and portability of the instrument. You don't have to think about walking with 2 3 4 extra things when you are on the road or traveling locally to a gig.

For those who may not want those important features on an instrument, (and there is nothing wrong with that), there are other types of keyboards that they can get. For example, the PSR 3000 seems to be doing well for those who have it.

[This message has been edited by to the genesys (edited 03-13-2005).]

#214337 - 03/13/05 06:34 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
It seems to me that they already make the dream keyboards with 76 keys, sampler, sequencer, expandability of sounds, etc. But nobody wants to pay the 6 or 7 thousand dollars.
So the real argument is to build the Dream keyboard for 2 thousand bucks.

I for one don't need a keyboard that connects to the internet, and I would rather take the money that costs to improve something else or lower the price. Whose idea was that anyhow?

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 03-13-2005).]

#214338 - 03/13/05 12:04 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:

I for one don't need a keyboard that connects to the internet, and I would rather take the money that costs to improve something else or lower the price. Whose idea was that anyhow?

"IDC" Internet Direct Connect on the new Yammie Arrangers is a masterminding concept from the masterminds at Yamaha's marketing division to try and extract as much money as they can out of the poor fellas that own them. LOL..

Actually, (and seriously speaking ) Internet Direct Connect could in the future be used in a much more usable way if it were USB 2.0 or Firewire capable and used for something other than downloading midis or styles, etc.

With high speed transfers, greater possibilities open up like Audio (WAV, MP3, etc.) plus a host of other creative utilizations, one being VSTi implementation. Until then, IDC in my opinion is just a gimmick, and one that is not even operational yet.

But I think in what they're doing, Yamaha at least is 'trying' to be innovative and creative by branching out with new ideas and new concepts to help those musicians who use their products. In other words you have to give them credit for at least trying to stay cutting edge and ahead of the pack. IDC is one such way, but just needs further development to be used to its full (unrealized) potential. And I'm not talking about just raking in more money either..

Best regards,
Mike

#214339 - 03/13/05 12:24 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I think they could accomplish alot more by making them Fast Ethernet compatable, then you could connect to your home computer system, the internet and beyound.
Before ya all jump on me I use Fast Ethernet as an example because it is already so common it is now almost standard on almost all computers.
I have a home network with 3 desktops and a laptop and it cost me about a hundred bucks.

#214340 - 03/13/05 12:39 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
With a keyboard rack unit, you would not need a sequencer or sampler built in to it. The arranger itself is a sequencer on steroids. In using Rack/Module setup, you can just add a specialized sampler to your setup if you need custom sounds.

Just think, you could add top notch Tyros arranging and sound functions to any keyboard with midi capability including the Motif. Wow, what a combination.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#214341 - 03/15/05 06:31 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Yes, give me a Tyros module that weighs about 7 lbs and a controller keyboard that weighs about the same and I am sold. When can I get one?

Scott Langholff

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online