SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#214326 - 03/09/05 07:28 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Squeak,

I agree, man. That looked like one great rack module. I would have to concidered one of the Motif racks with a sequencer and a sampler!

As for my Fantom i dont think hes gunna send it! That really pisses me off, i waited about 2-3 weeks now, wasting my time and passed up several other deals that I could have bought. I called him today and got voicemail. I left him a message and hopefully will reply soon, and pray that it includes a tracking number! Ill get my money back the 11th, and will have to look for another. Wish me luck on that. Finding one for the price i got is slim pickins! Ill let ya know what turns up!

Phil

#214327 - 03/09/05 07:43 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
It seems the link didn't work last time. Here's a Ketron - not a keyboard, not a rack -- but a control surface. This, is what I would like from Yamaha. http://www.ketronus.com/midjay.htm

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 03-09-2005).]

#214328 - 03/10/05 02:58 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
I agree with the point that you need a desktop unit rather than a rack unit so that you can easily get at all the buttons.

Is the Roland DiscoverM desktop unit an arranger module?

I've seen arrander modules from Korg, Gem, and Solton before now. Are any of these still going?

#214329 - 03/10/05 03:31 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by MacAllcock:
I've seen arrander modules from Korg, Gem, and Solton before now. Are any of these still going?

Yes, i.e. Solton are now Ketron
http://www.ketron.it/prodotti/index.asp?idTipo=2

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#214330 - 03/10/05 06:10 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
to the genesys Offline

But if you have a desktop arranger, where would you put it on a gig?

Could it fit on the controller keyboard or do you have to have a 2 level keyboard stand.

#214331 - 03/10/05 07:55 AM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
PSR 3000 without the keys, with usb with the output flexibility of the tyros. Same op sys & seq.

#214332 - 03/11/05 01:53 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Shakil Offline

Not the same Seq as PSR3000 or TYROS.. PLEASE!!!!! Put the MOTIF sequencer

[This message has been edited by Shakil (edited 03-11-2005).]

#214333 - 03/11/05 01:57 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Sequencer, sampler = a MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST !!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!!MUST!!!! MUST!!!!MUST!!!!

Sorry, button stuck

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-11-2005).]

#214334 - 03/12/05 09:21 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Don't know for what you use your arranger, but I play semi-professionally (part-time for money but also have a day job), and have absolutely no use for either a sampler or a sequencer. In fact, I think that a laptop would work for either (or both) better than a dedicated unit in the keyboard. I would like the capability to bring in standard format samples, like Akai, or the like, which can be bought commercially, but an arranger will not have the sufficient editing capability to comepte with a dedicated sampler, nor should it. I don't think anyone in this forum has used sampling features of their arranger keyboard for anything more than recording cheezy sound effects. I think it is fair if the manufacturers do not make all of us pay for these useless features.

I also believe that most high-end arrangers have sequencers which are quite adequate. I am sure that even the sequencer in a high-end workstation will not come close in functionality to a computer-based one, even if the main limitation is the smaller screen, though you must also figure the screen navigation using a mouse vs the much-lower precision of the touchscreen, and having a full QWERTY keys instead of hunting and pecking for the right characters on the keyboard panel.

Regards,

Alex

#214335 - 03/12/05 10:22 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
i am not a pro player but i get around numerous Gospel concerts and am asked tohelp produce and arrange for numerous choirs in the Birmingham and london area. I need an all in one unit simply because i do a lot of work "onsite" that is actually with the various choirs making adjustments to songs or arrangements there and then. A decent sequencer is essential on an arranger keyboard. I could do without the sampler if i absolutely had to but i use the one on my Psr 8000 quite extensively although it is rather basic. Maybe i am the exception to the rule but i would like that feature too.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online