SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#214316 - 03/09/05 01:29 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Imagine having an Akai MPC module with synth and arranger capabilities, you really can't ask for more : )

#214317 - 03/09/05 01:53 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Yes, I would deffinitely buy an arranger rack unit. Though I would prefer a surface unit like Ketron (http://www.ketronus.com/midjay.htm).

#214318 - 03/09/05 01:58 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Remember the Yamaha EX5r?...

I found one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=38091&item=7305119791&rd=1 its an older model, and not an arranger. But it has Motif sounds i think, sequencer and a sampler.

Phil

#214319 - 03/09/05 02:18 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
What about something like the QY100 with better arranger controls that actually was easy to control live.

#214320 - 03/09/05 03:38 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by The Pro:
I thought of this too but decided it wasn't practical due to the ergonomics needed to use an arranger. Getting to the intro/verse/chorus/fill buttons while playing could be a little difficult if the arranger was rack-mounted... ).]

Aaahh, but with the proper midi controller, you will have control surfaces that can be used to send control messages to the Rack Arranger and thus mimic the surface controls of the All-in-one keyboard.

Take a look at this controller: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/KeystationPro88-main.html

Won't this do?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#214321 - 03/09/05 03:40 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
kbrkr Offline

Also, some Rack Arrangers have control surfaces that would normally appear on the keyboard. You simply mount the rack unit ON TOP of the keyboard controller, and your controls are at your fingertips; albeit your left hand fingertips!!

#214322 - 03/09/05 03:58 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
The M-Audio controller is fantastic, decent feel, by far the lightest hammer action ive felt. But i like it better than most other hammer action boards. But talk about heavy... eek, over 45 pounds! Plus a 25 pound rack... that gets pretty brutal for heavy gigging! The buttons and knobs feel nice, and the construction is sturdy. Tons of great reviews. And the price isnt that out rageous. It would be my prime choice for a one place only controller.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-09-2005).]

#214323 - 03/09/05 05:20 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by kbrkr:
Aaahh, but with the proper midi controller, you will have control surfaces that can be used to send control messages to the Rack Arranger and thus mimic the surface controls of the All-in-one keyboard.

Take a look at this controller: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/KeystationPro88-main.html

Won't this do?

Al

Sure it would work... LOTS of controllers would work... but I wouldn't want a rack-only arranger because personally I don't want to haul a rack around just for that purpose. All I'm saying is that an arranger model that could be BOTH rack-mounted or used as a table-top unit would be the ideal solution. Isn't that Bohm rack arranger also a table-top model? It looks like it from the picture. That's why I think a "Yamaha QY-3000", based on the QY-series but with the modern PSR3000/Tyros sounds, would be very cool. The QY-series is overdue for a new model anyway. Add the capability to use some optional rack ears for those who want them and there you go...

I'll bet I could design a "QY-3000" in Photoshop pretty easily.

#214324 - 03/09/05 05:51 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
kbrkr Offline

Ok, I understand you now. The Bohm is a table top model. I've never looked at the Qy series. I'm going to research it some and see.

Tyros in a box would be ideal for me.

#214325 - 03/09/05 07:10 PM Re: Hey Yamaha, build me an Arranger Rack Unit!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Penny,
The EX5R was an AWSOME rack synth. I don't know why Yamaha cheesed out on the Motif rack by dropping the sequencer and a few other things. The EX5R was basically the EX-5 synth without the keybed, but still with all the internal features. I think they should add the sequencer to the Motif rack along with all the goodies in the sampling area

Oh yeah Phil, what's the status on that Roland Fantom? Did the guy ever deliver it to you?

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-09-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online