SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#214031 - 09/29/03 03:50 PM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
AJ,

excellent work. I like your ideas.

#214032 - 10/01/03 02:33 PM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
AJ,

Actually I have SD-1 and 9000Pro, and both keyboards are fantastic.

In my opinion, the best world keyboard is the one I can afford for it, but:

-in SD-1 you navigate with compass, in the 9000Pro with GPS.
-The screen letters and SD-1´s buttons are very small. Lay-out could be improved to make it easy to locate the functios more quickly.
-SD-1´s polyphony restricts some combinations with a lot of timbres.
-The SD-1´s keyboard mechanism is less precise and noiser than the 9000Pro.
-The functions that require hard drive use are easier and fast in SD-1.
-The function aftertouch is more programmable in SD-1.

I enjoy both. (Untill Ferrari has their problems)

Armando

#214033 - 10/02/03 07:38 AM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Friends,

I think I had asked this question before in other words, but for all you out there who currently own keyboards that are NOT made by Ketron, which main features are you looking for which if you did see on a Ketron product, you'd purchase it?

Please be serious, realistic, specific and very detailed. Also remember cost is a factor so be carefull what you ask for ... you might just get it.

For an example (Easy OS - Explain [easy access to arranger buttons on Left side, direct display of sounds/styles, very stable, ease of ...] ) and remember I will be reading this post closely.

Thanks,

AJ

------

Hi,
1.) MUCH BIGGER COLOUR SCREEN
2.) CASIO MZ-2000 types HW SLIDERS 8 or 16
right below screen
3.) UP/DOWN - PROGRAMMABLE ARPEGGIATOR
4.) PAUSE PUTTON FOR THOSE BACKING MIDI SEQUENCES - other than that BREAK because thereafter midi file starts from the very beginning when continueing
5.) MUCH, MUCH MORE SAMPLING RAM => AT LEAST
64 OR 128 MB !!!
6.) TRUE 44.1 MHz SAMPLING RATE
7.) GOOD STEREO AMPLIFIED INSIDE - INCLUDED
8.) SOME 20 GB HD + CD-R/RW DRIVE + MP3 SUPPORT => ala Genesys Pro
9.) + SOME OTHER THINGYS WHICH WAS ASKED HERE DURING 1 - 1,5 YEAR !

THANK YOU.

#214034 - 10/02/03 08:19 AM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
jolier Offline

Loc: na
Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
Friends,

I think I had asked this question before in other words, but for all you out there who currently own keyboards that are NOT made by Ketron, which main features are you looking for which if you did see on a Ketron product, you'd purchase it?

Please be serious, realistic, specific and very detailed. Also remember cost is a factor so be carefull what you ask for ... you might just get it.

For an example (Easy OS - Explain [easy access to arranger buttons on Left side, direct display of sounds/styles, very stable, ease of ...] ) and remember I will be reading this post closely.

Thanks,

AJ

-----

Hi,
Damn, I forgot that polyphny thing all. Lets say, that at least 128 TUE HARDWARE voices MIN., but better if MORE. Like 160, etc...

#214035 - 10/02/03 05:28 PM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I need Sliders for the drums, Acc1,2 and 3 the bass the main and the sub.

I need a super sequencer that's at least as easy as the i30.

I love the touch screen. Very easy to sequence, name files and manuver for the programs and styles that I can't remember which buttons push.

I like the on board speakers for playing around the house. Not for playing live.

Sounds are important.

I like the EC5 foot pedal for the i30 with 5 different pedals to set for just about everything the i30 can do.

#214036 - 10/02/03 11:37 PM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
asafar Offline

Loc: New York
Ketron Keyboards have great sounds and features but they are unreliable because of all the bugs and freezes and we all agree that no one is willing to put up with problems while performing.

#214037 - 10/03/03 08:06 AM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
GuillermoRosado Offline

Loc: Guadalajara, Jal. MEXICO
AJ,

Are you considering a workshop here in Mexico?
In my city we could join about 15 people (GUADALAJARA). The local Ketron dealer (that you met at NAMM) is doing a really grat job and giving a GREAT service.

Best regards,
Guillermo.

#214038 - 10/03/03 08:55 AM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have spoken on the phone several times with Vince Ramos, the Ketron rep in Houston. He has promised to bring a keyboard for me to try. If I like it, I could easily arrange to set up a dealer here. So far, after several months, we haven't been able to get together.
DonM

#214039 - 10/03/03 10:45 AM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Asafar,

That is quite a sweeping generalization about Ketron products reliability. I have used mine trouble free for over three years. There were a few people that had some problems with their Ketron products but there were also people that had trouble with their Yamahas. Most of the problems to which you are referring were fixed years ago before Yamaha even introduced the PSR2000. Someone on the forum went over two months waiting for a part for their Yamaha. Someone else finally made the dealer take his Yamaha back it was so much trouble. Does that make all Yamahas unreliable? Does that mean Yamaha service is poor?

After monitoring this forum for years it appears that the most reliable products are Korgs,Technics and Bontempies.

Tom

[This message has been edited by Tom Cavanaugh (edited 10-03-2003).]

Tom

#214040 - 10/03/03 04:09 PM Re: What would it take you to purchase a Ketron Workstation/Arranger?
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree Tom. . Maybe for you it is true Asafar, but I doubt very seriously that "everyone" agrees. I don't think generalizations like that are particularly helpful to those who may be reading heren and don't know a lot about this stuff.

I am the guy who waited 2+ months for a part from Yamaha( twice on different occasions for 2 different boards ) and I also returned my very buggy PSR2000 after 2+ months when no fix was in sight. I replaced my original 2000 with a Yamaha Motif that was absolutely bug free. A year + later I got a new 2000 and there isn't a bug in it that I can find. So even though I had my problems with a couple of Yamaha boards I had, I can't say that all Yamaha products are bad, and although my experience with their service department hasn't been very good, others have had good experiences with them.

Hmm Tom, my PA80 has been as reliable as can be but... korg surely isn't immune either. I had one of the earliest Korg M-1s out there, with the notorious eprom that always seemed to go bad, and to put it very mildly... Korg service was not very good either. They fixed the problem in later releases but never really fixed mine... They just replaced the eprom .. and of course after a couple of years went by and it went bad again.. they wanted an "arm and a leg" to fix it..

Hey Yamaha finally responded to my emails and contacted me about the part for my YST50's... a month later ..lol

AJ ( Bluezplayer )

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 10-03-2003).]

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online