SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213970 - 10/09/00 01:26 PM 9000 Pro photos from presentation in DK
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

9000 Pro photos from the presentation in Aarhus, Denmark at October 9th is avaliable at The Unofficial Yamaha PSR 740 Home page at http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages
Follow the first link in the "News" section at the start page.

It really sounds good and looks good; but no further specific data avaliable at the moment.

Jørgen

#213971 - 10/09/00 05:18 PM Re: 9000 Pro photos from presentation in DK
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Jørgen,

Thanks for suppplying the latest photos of the PSR9000-PRO. In one word: It looks "awesome".

This looks like one hell of a professional keyboard . . . both in style and substance.

Finally a keyboard with chord recognition capabilities to satisfy "both" the amatuer and professional alike. And I also like the idea of having 76 keys to play on again. (miss that with my Technics KN5000). By the way, are the PSR9000-Pro keys 'fully weighted' or?

I am particularly impressed with the pro XLR mic input, the solid looking extra wide music stand and the goose neck light which plugs directly into the back of the keyboard. Wow, what will they think of next.... maybe a custom drink holder to hold your margaritta drink in would be nice (hahaha)

My only concern now is whether (as Uncle Dave and a few others have reported with the PSR9000) polyphony will be a problem or not? I will want to be able to utilize the new grand piano sample in 'full keyboard mode" so hope it doesn't eat up too many voices to also have full backup arrangements when needed as well.

And then there's the weight . . . but I just joined the gym so maybe by the time the PSR9000 PRO is released I'll be able to lift it with just 'one' finger (hahaha)

- Scott

#213972 - 10/09/00 09:53 PM Re: 9000 Pro photos from presentation in DK
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Scott, it was right there, above Eb3, the custom drink holder. You missed it!
Wow, that keyboard looks impressive. I like the XLR's, lamp, music rack, etc. Little things, but all would save setup and transport time.
Can't wait to see the specs.
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online