SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213753 - 06/10/03 10:35 PM PSR2K part arrives after 4 months
Beakybird Offline

Many months ago, I broke the glass cover of the LCD display on my keyboard. It was my fault. This crack didn't affect the functioning of the keyboard, but I knew that it would affect the resale value. I ordered the part in February of 2003. The part finally arrived. That's four months.

I might have had to wait even more, but I was able to get in touch with the head of parts of Yamaha USA.

I was sent a survey to evaluate my experience with my last Yamaha-authorized repair. I wasn't very happy with that experience, because it took several months for me to get a replacement speaker for my PSR2000. Then, the Yamaha repair center didn't tighten the speaker enough so it was rattling. Instead of traveling 45 minutes each way to the repair center and being without my keyboard for who knows how long. I paid $20 to my teenage tech friend, and he fixed the problem in a jiff. Of course, I didn't mention this to the Yamaha parts person listed on the survey.

Besides putting down that I was dissatisfied with that repair experience, I wrote down that I had been waiting for this piece of plexiglass for 4 months and was 1). being told that it was on backorder and 2) being told that I would have to purchase a whole assembly of stuff just to get that one rotten piece.

The fellow at Yamaha was very nice, and sent me the part I needed right to my door at no charge.

Just in time for me to sell the keyboard so I can buy the PSR2100.

Larry

#213754 - 06/11/03 05:43 PM Re: PSR2K part arrives after 4 months
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry,
You could have just went to the nearest hardware store and they could have cut a piece for you that would have been the same size and thickness, and you probably would have been able to install it in 10 minutes. With the aid of some press-on letters, you could have made the plexiglass cover look as good as the one from the factory, and the total cost would likely have been less than you spent on long distance phone calls. Unless there is a major malfunction with the keyboard's mother board, most of the components can be easily repaired.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#213755 - 06/11/03 06:20 PM Re: PSR2K part arrives after 4 months
trtjazz Offline

I think Larry's point is well taken and the parts and repair wait on the boards is ludicrous to say the least.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online