SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213704 - 12/13/99 05:32 AM PSR740 Defect?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
I played a 5 piece gig saturday night using the PSR740. I noticed that if you change registration presets while holding a left hand chord you get an awful roar until you pick up your left hand. You can put it down after you pick it up and it is ok. Has anyone else heard this? Also what does "voice set" do? In a live situation the presets change too many items. I wanted to change presets but keep the same keyboard harmony settings. I guess this can only be done by setting all the presets ahead of time. For the money it's still a great sounding keyboard.

Tom Cavanaugh

Tom

#213705 - 12/14/99 01:11 AM Re: PSR740 Defect?
Rodrigues Offline

Loc: Portugal
Hi Tom Cavanaugh
1 - After read your problem, Yesterday night, I made the same procedure on my PSR 740, as you report, and my keyboard works properly.

2 - About voice set: At Functions Utility, if you put Voice set - OFF, a lot of configurations you like as: effects, harmony, volumes, R2 voice, and so on, will not change when you choose other voices.
But pay attention that Registration memory is the master in this matter: if you call a regist, all the configuration that are in it, will be called. After, these configurations will be the actual if you call another voice (if voice set is OFF).

Regards
Carlos Rodrigues

#213706 - 12/14/99 12:04 PM Re: PSR740 Defect?
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Carlos,

Here are the settings I use when this happens: auto accompanant on, rhythm going, style playing, L1 on playing drawbar flutes, freeze on, vocal harmony on, reverb on, dsp4 on. Hold a left hand chord and change from registration memory preset 1 to 2. I would think that yours would behave the same way. Regardless thank you very much for trying. Also thank you for the information on voice set.

Tom Cavanaugh

Tom

#213707 - 12/16/99 01:25 AM Re: PSR740 Defect?
Rodrigues Offline

Loc: Portugal
Tom
I have tried again on my 740, now with your settings, R1 drawbar flutes, freeze on harmony on, etc, and there is no problem.

Carlos Rodrigues

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online