SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213697 - 10/05/02 03:27 PM How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Hey!
Need some quick help here.
I want to delete the entire flash memory to make room for new styles. I do not want to delete them one at time. Anybody that can tell me how to do this will be saving me a great deal of time in trial and error methods. Not to mention, if it can't be done, you will really be saving me alot of time. Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#213698 - 10/05/02 07:51 PM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
TwoNuts Offline

Come On,
Someone has the answer to my query.

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#213699 - 10/05/02 08:14 PM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dennis,
I don't know if this is any help (as I don't own the 9000), but on the PSR2000, you can delete ALL User Flash Memory 'all at once' by going to the Function> Utility Page and then under Factory Reset, select the 'Files and Folders' check box. WARNNG: Make sure you really want to delete everything before preceding because once it's gone it can't be recovered. I strongly suggest backing all USER flash memory to floppy (and then to CD) FIRST just in case you later find you really needed them.

Hope this helps,

Scott

#213700 - 10/06/02 10:08 AM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
TwoNuts Offline

Thanks Scott,

I really appreciate the reply to my question. I will endeavor to execute your advice regarding the backup of all items stored in flash memory prior to the reset. Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Dennis L. Almond

PS. We just celebrated our Thirteenth Anniversary. Seems like only yesterday we were getting married. Funny how love is.

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 10-06-2002).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#213701 - 10/06/02 10:41 AM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: Dennis
I don't think you can delete all styles in the Flash Style
area all at once. (in the 9000)
I think you have to do it one at a time, at least I have
never found another way to do it.
But then after you have them all deleted save the empty
Flash Style to floppy, then the next time you want to
delete all, just load the empty Flash Styles from the floppy,
or hard drive if you have one.
I have my empty flash saved to my hard drive.
I hope this helps.
If anyone know of a better way, please let me know.
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny
PS: Sorry it took so long to answer.

#213702 - 10/06/02 12:20 PM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by dlstarry:
HI: I don't think you can delete all styles in the Flash Style
area all at once. (in the 9000)

Is this now another feature included on the budget model 2000, but not supported on the top of the line 9000?

I sure HOPE Yamaha remembered to included this feature on the Tyros because it's actually very useful, especiallly if you want to be able to instantly replace the KB's USER memory with custom setups (user styles/regs, sounds, etc) for a specific show, and then later, quickly replace it with your default or other setup.

#213703 - 10/07/02 09:46 PM Re: How do I delete the Y9K style flash memory all at once?
TwoNuts Offline

Denny,

Thanks for the great tip. You are right about not being able to erase all the styles from flash memory at once. I am happy to say I will make a copy of the empty flash bank onto my hard drive after deleting all of the styles this time.
Thanks a million.

Regards,
Dennis

PS. Scott, YEP! yet another minor feature the 2000 incorporates that the 9000 just doesn't have. Oh well....

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 10-07-2002).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online