SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213535 - 07/22/00 09:22 AM X1 oriental more infos
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
the x1 oriental comes with a XY joy stick not 2 wheels and a 13 switch quarter note boxe with lights to be plugged where the 13 switch foot pedal goes,that box is self powered no need to an adapter like the one used with the GEM WK series,plus an 8 mg flash card that contains the arabic sounds and 40 oriental styles and 4 drums kits totally assignable.one thing no body seems to be able to answer clearly and it's a simple question:
is the sampler memory expandable,what kind of simms does it take and how may MB?????
thanks
eddy

#213536 - 07/22/00 06:36 PM Re: X1 oriental more infos
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Eddy,
Where are you getting your information from? I've already received 2 oriental kits, which are just 6 floppy disks and the flash ram card with the oriental sounds on them. The keyboard you describe with the different joystick type pitch and mod wheel and the quartertone tuning box I have not heard about. Where have you seen or heard of this new keyboard? here in the US we only have the oriental upgrade kit. By plugging in the 13 pedal board, I can have instant access of the quarter tone tuning notes or I can program 5 different quarter tone tunings and use the pedal switches to change these tunings.
As far as the memory goes, you have 8 meg internal and 8 meg on a flash card. You can expand the sequence memory, the pattern memory but you can't expand the sample memory.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)

#213537 - 07/23/00 09:36 AM Re: X1 oriental more infos
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
George
this keyboard is being sold now in the arabic countries,i contacted the solton distributors here in the US they told me they can't get it but i'm positive of the discriptions that i gave in my earlier post,i saw the keyboard on TV in a show that i was watching on satellite plus i called the guy that programmed the software in lebanon and he confirmed all that.i was hoping you can get it here in the US otherwise i'm going to lebanon on christmas for vacation then i'll be able to check it personally.
later
eddy

#213538 - 07/23/00 11:28 AM Re: X1 oriental more infos
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
Hi George:

It is news to me that by plugging in the 13 pedal board on the X1, you can have instant access of the quarter tone tuning notes or you can program 5 different quarter tone tunings and use the pedal switches to change these tunings. Does this work like the GEM scale converter AS-1?
Nabil Aziz

#213539 - 07/23/00 05:23 PM Re: X1 oriental more infos
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Nabil,
Yes, if you go to the utility called Arabic, you will see on the screen the notes that you can change to be quartertone tuning. Using the highest octave on the X1, you can turn on and off the different notes you wish to be changed. If you look at the upper right hand corner of the display, there is a dialog box which is F5. If you tap the F5 button you can choose betweeen pedalboard, off or 5 tuning mode. By selecting PedalBoard on, you can tap on any of 12 keys and this will turn on and off that particular note you wish quarter tone tuned or if you press the pedal that would normally be between the note E and F (of course there is no note), this will bring whatever notes you have choosen, back to normal tuning. This might be a function added in version 3.0 or 3.1. I don't know. I've used it with both the middle eastern operating software and with regular version 3.1A software.
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#213540 - 08/03/00 08:52 AM Re: X1 oriental more infos
chacha Offline

Loc: tunisia
i'msearching for a free new rythms for X1 can you help me please

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online