SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#213471 - 01/23/02 10:58 AM comparison technics and yamaha
Bart_dup1 Offline

Hi,

A long time ago I was searching for a comparison between technics and yamaha keyboards. I remember that I found a site from a certain "George", that was called "Key of G". At this site the KN6000 and the PSR9000 were compared.

The problem is... I can't find this site anymore. Does anybody know where I can find this comparison again ?

Please your reaction....

#213472 - 01/23/02 11:21 AM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Bart: Unfortunately George Allison's terrific 'Key of G' site is no longer around. He took it down after he switched from Technics to the Yamaha PSR9000. Check your mail. I've sent you George's email address so perhaps you can contact him privately. Good luck - Scott

#213473 - 01/23/02 01:07 PM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
Bart_dup1 Offline

OK Thanx !

#213474 - 01/23/02 03:21 PM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
George or the Key of G had gotten one of the first KN6000 keyboards and evidently had problems with it. He got mad with Technics over it and then bought the PSR 9000. He had a comparison but it was very subjective since he held a grudge with Technics. I didn't consider it a great comparison under the circumstances!

For awhile George did have songs for the KN series of keyboards, but since he no longer had one he finally shut the site down.

I think you have to look at both keyboards yourself to decide the issue. A lot depends on your ear as to which sounds better. Different people have different ideas on the Styles also. I have heard many times that the Technics are a little fancier than the Yamaha ones...again it's very subjective which you prefer.

I have the Technics 6000 and I like it!

Marilyn

Quote:
Originally posted by Bart:
Hi,

A long time ago I was searching for a comparison between technics and yamaha keyboards. I remember that I found a site from a certain "George", that was called "Key of G". At this site the KN6000 and the PSR9000 were compared.

The problem is... I can't find this site anymore. Does anybody know where I can find this comparison again ?

Please your reaction....

#213475 - 01/23/02 03:01 PM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
keyofg Offline

Loc: usa
Hi Bart:

You have a good memory to remember an article that far back, on the Key of "G". Sorry, I no longer have access to the file.

When the KN6000 first came out it had many problems with chording, technichord, sound distortion and other operating malfunctions. Some of you will remember there were so many complaints on the Technics of Canada website, that the website shut down... at least that is the way it appeared to many of us. A large part of these problems were resolved with the V3 ROM upgrade in February or March (I think) of 2001 and subsequent ROM upgrades addressed other minor concerns. I have had the opportunity to play the KN6000 many times since V3 and enjoy many of the great sounds, styles and features. The KN6000 is certainly a contender in any keyboard comparison.

All this does not help you in making a keyboard decision, so here is some advice I offered in one of the articles.

"Selecting a keyboard is a personal choice and there is no single answer as to which keyboard is "the best". Best for you, may not be best for me. So do your research, listen to the sounds, check the styles, check to features, seek other opinions, play the demo model as much as you can and then decide what is best for you. In the end you are the one that is going to live with, play, and listen to the decision."

PS ..and Marilyn I was/am not mad a Technics nor do I have any grudge... I was simply disappointed in the manner in which Technics dealt with the initial KN6000 problems on a customer and personal level.

George
the Key of "G"

#213476 - 01/24/02 01:48 AM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
Bart_dup1 Offline

Thanx for your reaction George.
But... don't you have a copy of the file on your harddrive ? I just like to have a copy of the comparison (although it is maybe not a 100% objectif comparison). I would be glad if you (or someone else who has probably a copy of it) can send it to me.

regards, Bart

#213477 - 01/24/02 03:18 AM Re: comparison technics and yamaha
keyofg Offline

Loc: usa
Sorry Bart, but I lost all of my files along with my old desktop computer. I have hard copies, but they are all in storage and I presently have no way to access them.

You might try one of the search engines for a cached copy, but I suspected that they are now dated files and deleted.

George

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online