Quote:
Originally posted by keybplayer:
Are you sure the Keys on the 9000Pro are 'wider' than the Tyros?? these other 'excuses' for getting rid of the Tyros are a little weak imo UD and even unfounded in many cases.

They are indeed wider. It's a tiny bit, maybe an 1/8" over an octave, but it makes a difference to me. The spacing is also an issue, as well as the downward throw. The Pro has a longer downward stroke. Couple that with a more solid action, and the result is wider dynamics...at least for my hands.
There is no comparrison between the construction of these two. The Pro is WAY ahead.
In terms of gingerbread and improvements sonically ..... the TY has come to a place that Pros will not ignore .... IF they like the keys and case.
This is all so personal, but Apples to Apples, the 9k is definatly more geared to a pro player than a home user. The Ty is a really great home unit that makes the transition to stage very well. It's just not built as solid and as "standard" as I'm used to. Yamaha even admits that the Ty is aimed at a home market. That means relitavly nothing in the real world, but in the local, everynight, live scene that I live and work in ..... I need every edge I can get. I'm still waiting for something solid to use at work. Heeeeelppppppppp!