SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#212741 - 10/13/04 11:02 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Sorry Glenn.... Frank Sinatra was born in Hoboken, New Jersey

Thanks, Andrea... close enough tho (same accent)

There ya go, Al... get one of those vocal removal devices and practice singing with Nelson Riddle.

#212742 - 10/13/04 12:49 PM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I know you're joking, but my Behringer 1222FXPro mixer has one built in. Haven't tried it though.
DonM

#212743 - 10/14/04 02:56 PM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I know you're joking, but my Behringer 1222FXPro mixer has one built in. Haven't tried it though.
DonM

Don, Iv'e got that Behringer too, and it (sound cancellation) doesn't work that well; just takes out a few harmonics. The rest of the mixer is great!

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-14-2004).]

#212744 - 10/15/04 04:41 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Hey, don't kid yourself. I have been practicing my vocals singing against CD's and Karaoke MIDI files.

The Karaoke MIDI files with the Vocal Harmony are great practice tools for me as I can also play along reading the charts on the Tyros. This has actually given me much confidence in my solo performing I am actually considering investigating doing a solo.

I'm really scared though. I've been performing in front of crowds since I'm 5 years old, but the thought of doing it solo scares the bejeesus out of me.

I'm going to start a new thread on this topic.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#212745 - 10/15/04 04:53 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
Dnj Offline

You will never be a sucessfull solo peformer without CONFIDENCE! Also practice playing without charts or lyrics or looking at the KB when you play....cut with lag time in between songs down to a second or two at the most.

Good Luck

#212746 - 10/15/04 08:26 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yeah ...... Donny's right. As a soloist, you shopuld not have your face buried in your lap. An occasional glance maybe, but try not to rely on charts or lyrics. You're the ONLY performer on stage, and the crowd wants to see YOUR EYES. They need a ONE ON ONE connection to understand you. Take the reigns, learn the material and then go SELL IT! Confidence is hidden in fear ....get past that, and you command your own destiny !

#212747 - 10/15/04 08:47 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
You will never be a sucessfull solo peformer without CONFIDENCE! Also practice playing without charts or lyrics or looking at the KB when you play

ABSOLUTELY PROFOUND ADVICE! When I was doing a solo in the 70s I didn't follow this - big mistake. This time around, because of the hammering on this subject by Donny and UD, I am. As a result, I'm doing a better job and also having more fun.

#212748 - 10/15/04 09:55 AM Re: How many OMB players sing and how may just play?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
The ONLY way to develop performance confidence is by actually performing. The MORE you do it, the more confidence you build, and the easier (more comfortable) it becomes. That simple. I recommend woodshedding (starting out) by booking REGULARLY scheduled performances (weekly or more) at a small casual club, and/or a community/senior center establishment in your area where performance demands are not as high. Once you build your repetoire & performance skills, and attract an audience following, you can then seek larger rooms in which you can assure the potential new club owner of a sizeable dedicated audience following that will come to his club to see you. - Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online