SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#212483 - 08/21/05 07:52 AM Re: Speakers
doc-z Offline

Loc: Norway
Forgot my other question...

Can they play so loud, that people will not be able to talk to eachother, unless they scream into eachothers ear?

Doc-Z

#212484 - 08/21/05 09:42 AM Re: Speakers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Doc-Z,

It depends on the size of the venue, how loud the drunken crowd gets, and lots of other factors. I've never measured the DB, so I cannot comment on that.

I have a rule, though, that seems to work for me. First, I never play so loud the audience cannot conduct a conversation. I play loud enough for them to enjoy the music and dance, but blowing someone's head off and causing hearing damage by cranking up the volume is just plain stupid.

Most of the people I've heard that were playing rediculously loud were people that either could not play, could not read an audience, could not sing, and could not entertain.

I've been to several weddings that used DJ's for entertainment and they continued to crank up the volume and tempo with hopes of getting the audience off their butts and onto the dance floor--it never works. The audiences at most wedding receptions consisted of individuals ranging in age from 50 to 70 years old. The only youngsters, 20 to 30 year olds, were a dozen or so folks in the wedding party and a few or their close friends. So, what does the idiot DJ do? Puts on some hip-hop and rap, cranks up the volume to where the windows are beginning to crack, drinks a pitcher of beer and takes off his tuxedo jacket. At the end of the first hour, most of the older folks have either left or moved as far away from the music as possible, the youngsters are plastered, and other than a few requested first dance numbers, etc, the dance floor remains empty.

As I said at the onset, buy the system from a retailer that has a liberal return policy. If you don't like what you hear, take it back for a full refund.

Good Luck on whatever you decide upon,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#212485 - 08/21/05 09:53 AM Re: Speakers
babylon Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi.
I am curious if the Logitechs 5500 are loud enough to be used in a trio or combo? What I mean is when the guitar player has his amp,live drummer,perhaps a PA for vocals or sax, assuming a normal sound level. has anyone yet used the Logitech in this kind of situation?? and were you satisfied with the sound??

#212486 - 08/21/05 02:50 PM Re: Speakers
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Last week I fired a pair of mics, PSR-3000 and a guitar through the Z-5500 and there was lots of headroom. The sound quality was excellent, the vocals were crisp and clean, the sub-woofer was turned down to 25 and at Boost #1 there was sufficient volume for an audience of 65 to 75 people.

BTW: I just tried out the Z-5300 at the store, and the sound was outstanding. Doesn't have the punch of the Z-5500, but it was more than sufficient for audiences up to 75 people in small to mid-size venues. I didn't buy it because at Best Buy the price tag was $199 and I've seen it for about $50 less online.

More to come,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online