SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#212431 - 04/07/05 08:11 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Maybe if Sheriff attends MusicMesse, he will be kind enough to look them Casios up for us!

#212432 - 04/07/05 09:23 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Musikmesse is turning out to be kind of a disappointing event this year in my opinion.
Unless they save the best for last there really isn't anything to stir much interest.

NOOOOOOO arranger products whatsoever so far. Unless I happened to miss something?!?!? And the Fusion needs further development to fix its crashing OS.

Btw, the reason I felt Yamaha took such drastic steps in making sure the Pic of the supposed Tyros II was immediately taken down under the threat of a lawsuit was in my opinion because the Pic was indeed an elaborate hoax and they didn't want people to think otherwise so they took drastic measures to insure the Pic was removed.

Think of it.. If the Pic was real why on earth would Yamaha want the Pic removed, and under such inauspicious circumstances? When the leaked Pic of the new Yamaha Motif ES Rackmount was posted on the net a while back Yamaha made no such move to have it taken down, correct? So for Yamaha to take such drastic measures on the Tyros II Pic is an indication to me anyway that the Pic was indeed bogus and they made sure it was removed.

Back to Musikmesse.....

Bye Musikmesse!!! It was NOT nice knowing you! Hello! Summer NAMM session!!

Unless they save the best for last at Musikmesse, it's turning out to be a real dud if you ask me ...

Best regards,
Mike

#212433 - 04/10/05 10:19 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
technicsplayer Offline

the pic was genuine, there was a prototype on closed demo, but not playable yet, the demo was a powerpoint of how it will sound eventually. The reason they wanted the picture taken down is obviously because launch is a long way off, with a lot of stock of tyros to shift in the meanwhile, and they don't want people delaying their purchasing decisions. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010499.html

#212434 - 04/11/05 06:23 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
The Musikmesse is going to be out. I didn't get a free ticket and the ticket price was to expensive in my opinion. So this event happened without my presence...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#212435 - 04/11/05 06:36 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by Sheriff:
The Musikmesse is going to be out. I didn't get a free ticket and the ticket price was to expensive in my opinion. So this event happened without my presence...

ahhh!! That's why they didn't unveil the new Tyros!!!

#212436 - 04/12/05 02:58 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
SonicState have reports at http://www.sonicstate.com/news/messe05.cfm but I don't see any new arrangers mentioned there.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 04-12-2005).]

#212437 - 04/12/05 12:54 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Lots of softsynths, plugins,digital studios, software bundling, vst updates, etc.
The music technology world is going soft.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 04-12-2005).]

#212438 - 04/12/05 01:55 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Starkeeper:
The music technology world is going soft.

Yes, and live music is dieing out...hahaha...I never believe this!!!

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#212439 - 04/12/05 01:57 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Sheriff Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
ahhh!! That's why they didn't unveil the new Tyros!!!

Hehehe...you got it all right!

------------------
Sheriff ;-)

#212440 - 04/12/05 05:58 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I agree that the MZ2000 came out as a very worthy competitor to the 740... and maybe the one area that it lacked vs the 740 for me was in styles. Also, the 740 had a harmonizer ( poor though it was ) MZ didn't

Of course, styles being the main draw to an arranger, that's a pretty big deficiency. Still, if Casio ever got that end of it right, I liked most of the other things about the 2000 vs the PSR of it's day. I had both at one time btw.

with not much on the hardware front on that Sonic State page.. if Casio ever were going to become a serious player again ( I liked some of their older analog synths ), now seems like it would be as good a time as any.

AJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online