SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#212421 - 04/04/05 10:53 PM Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
If that Tyros II pic posted recently was for real then my guess is it will 'land' at this years Musikmesse. PS: That thing looked like it could fly...

Speculations are rampant but I think we can narrow some things down. First off Roland just came out with the G-70 so forget about any other high end Arranger from them at Messe. There may be a new mid-range one.

Ketron's A.J. said there wouldn't be any new high end Arranger from them at Messe to replace the SD1Plus.

GEM is silent about any word of a new high end Arranger being revealed at Musikmesse. Since Dave McMahan, who frequents this forum, is mum about any new Arranger gear I guess we should take that as a hint that there will be none.

Technics is history but Panasonic still makes keyboards. I wouldn't expect anything noteworthy from them. I'm not sure they're even going to be at Messe.

Casio seems to be improving quite a lot with there recent gear and we just might see some great new exciting keyboard products from them at Messe. It would be wonderful if Casio finally came out with a replacement for the MZ2000.

Korg... Well, as we know they came out with the Pa1X/PRO just recently and also the Pa50 so I wouldn't expect much from them either at Messe.

That leaves Yamaha. They are ripe for introducing a new high end Arranger keyboard if it holds true that when they introduce a new Clavinova, i.e. just recently the "307/309", then supposedly a new portable high end Arranger shortly follows. I wouldn't expect any new 'mid-range' arrangers though since the PSR 1500/3000 are fairly new; but they may release a couple low end ones at Messe possibly.

There really aren't many other players except possibly Kurzweil. Kurzweil is out from under the Young Chang litigation and they are now rebuilding as a separate entity with, from what I understand, a great "fervency". There should be many new products from Kurzweil fairly soon. Hopefully there will be new mid and high end Arrangers too. Don't expect any of them to be at Messe though. Or even the Summer NAMM session. But possibly next years Winter NAMM session.

We shall know what's what this Wednesday when Musikmesse 2005 in Frankfurt opens. Hopefully there will be some exciting new products to look forward to.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 04-05-2005).]

#212422 - 04/04/05 11:19 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Thanks for posting, Mike!
The Musikmesse is just around the corner...in fact...for me it is so...

Much fun and many exspectations to all who will visit the music's fare in Frankfurt!
Maybe I'll be lurking to it too...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#212423 - 04/05/05 09:05 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
If you go to Musikmesse Sheriff, please report back with your findings if you will. Also, I think some other members will be there too.

To those that get to go, we all look forward to your thoughts, opinions and reviews from Musikmesse.

Best regards,
Mike

#212424 - 04/05/05 08:51 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
http://www.digidesign.com/products/sw/mpowered.cfm

------------------
ViLo
HE'S COMING, MAKE MUSIC, GET READY! smile

#212425 - 04/06/05 07:16 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Wow, just one more coloured desktop gimmick. Who needs such 'Klicki-Bunti' tools? So many colours that nobody can see any controller or something other relevant thing on it...hahaha

I'm looking prefer for a real synth or a real guitar. I don't like playing a preserve I want the reality...*shout it out loud*

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#212426 - 04/06/05 12:19 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Casio will probably show up with the WK3200 and WK3700. http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010473.html

If Casio comes out with an MZ3000, the Synthzone forum will be buzzing.
Starkeeper

[This message has been edited by Starkeeper (edited 04-06-2005).]

#212427 - 04/06/05 12:56 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Starkeeper;

Do you think that the release of the MZ-3000 will be leaps & bounds technologically over the MZ-2000? I have heard demos of the MZ-2000, while it is a staisfactory KB, its not in the same category as say PA-50/80, PSR-1500/3000. Would you agree? I don't know if Casio is the type of company to try to put the industry to same with the introduction of a very cost competative "top model arranger" keyboard killer. Thoughts anyone?

Regards;
BlkNotes

#212428 - 04/06/05 02:27 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Starkeeper Offline

Casio is not afraid to add technology to their keyboards. So, IMO, they could increase the technology over the MZ-2000. Would it compete against top of the line Yamaha's & Rolands? Probably not.
I saw an MZ-2000 at a music shop, but didn't demo it.
It was out of my league, price wise, when it came out.
Starkeeper

#212429 - 04/06/05 07:18 PM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
BlkNotes, it might not be fair to compare the MZ-2000 to the PA-50, Yamaha PSR-1500, and PSR-3000. That board was released a while back. I owned one 4 years ago.

However even today the MZ-2000 has features that still set it aside from the Yamaha PSR-3000. Such as (in my opinion) more in depth effects editing, Sliders on the panel to control drawbars and other functions, 15 watt speaker system, aftertouch, way way way more in depth synth engine with 4 element voice structure and ability to set velocity curves, as far as sounds compared to the models again that's subjective too. Keep in mind that Casio has some of their signature voices like the Velo Tenor, and Velo Alto sax.

When the MZ-2000 was released it's real competetor in my opinion was the PSR-740, and there were SOOOOO many areas the MZ-2000 was ahead of the 740.

I think if they released an MZ-3000 you'd see some good additions. First they wouldn't have to touch the voice editing, effects, and the song and style recording. Those sections alone are still up to date with current arrangers and in some cases surpass a few current models as well. Hell all I can see that they'd need for additions is smart media card storage and update the sounds and styles, and add the 32mb flash rom they added to the new WK models.

Starkeeper you should have demoed the MZ One of the biggest complaints I heard about the MZ from in store demos was in sound, but what many failed to realize is that the graphic EQ out of the box is set to FLAT. Changing the EQ setting really opened up the sound on the MZ-2000.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#212430 - 04/07/05 07:16 AM Re: Musikmesse 2005 is just around the corner...
Starkeeper Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:

Starkeeper you should have demoed the MZ One of the biggest complaints I heard about the MZ from in store demos was in sound, but what many failed to realize is that the graphic EQ out of the box is set to FLAT. Changing the EQ setting really opened up the sound on the MZ-2000.

I know. Sigh. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. I remember reading, way back when, by posters, that the EQ needed to be adjusted.
Starkeeper

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online