SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212415 - 04/09/02 03:13 PM Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Hi,

I'm looking for a device which can copy MP3's from your computer to it's own memory and then being able to output it to my arranger or just any other device which allows audioinput. I know that MP3 players exist, but I just know them with a disc so I think you need to burn it everytime on a CD. My other computer is just not capable of handling MP3 and an other audio program at one time, so an external player would be a good replacement. If anyone can help me out whether this sort devices do exist or not(and I'm not looking for a Laptop ), then that would be great.

Or maybe I'm just daydreaming..

Sander

#212416 - 04/09/02 03:54 PM Re: Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
technicsplayer Offline

I use a nexII http://www.frontierlabs.com/ with a 1 GigaByte microdrive.

over 340 mp3 or WMA songs in a very small box.

it also works as a usb external drive to transfer any pc data between locations.

#212417 - 04/10/02 02:47 PM Re: Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
cosel Offline

Loc: cyprus

#212418 - 04/11/02 02:03 AM Re: Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Thank you for your submissions, I've looked at both of them and I find them both very interesting.

A problem of the Nex II is the price, but the features are incredible, so I need to think about it.

Thanks for your advice.

Sander

#212419 - 04/11/02 06:10 AM Re: Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
I use a Creative Labs NOMAD Jukebox a great deal, which is a wonderful MP3 player and it happens to be a great little digital recorder as well (has line inputs). Very versatile. I have several friends who own one also and they all love it. Check it out here: http://www.nomadworld.com/

#212420 - 04/11/02 12:02 PM Re: Looking for a mobile MP3 device to connect to my arranger
technicsplayer Offline

How does recording on the nomad work? Does the volume control act as a record level control? How do you judge level and prevent clipping? I assume the D/A converters are switched to A/D converters, presumably they are 16 bit? Do you think it is really comparable to portable DAT?
They give no specs about recording.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online