SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#212411 - 12/29/06 07:47 AM Re: The Temptations came to see me!
JR in TX Offline

Loc: Avinger, TX
[QUOTE]Originally posted by DonM:
[B]...well at least they came in for a few drinks.
And only two of them were there.
Anyway, I did "The Way You Do The Things You Do" for them, and they were very complimentary.

Don,
Rats! Wish I could have been there then.
Enjoyed hearing you again on the 21st. I'm glad I get to hear you live!
Happy New Year to All.

Jay R

#212412 - 12/29/06 08:11 AM Re: The Temptations came to see me!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Larry came back by to see me again tonight. He wanted to be sure I had his email address. Looks as if I've made another friend!
I didn't get to go to the Independence Bowl, but I Tivo'd it. I hope I got the National Anthem, which was sung by the Temptations.
Other than that, we had 12,000 Okla. State fans and about as many Alabama fans in town. The past two nights were fantastic, packed with all these tourists. Some were waiting 2 hours for a table.
I had a ball alternating Oklahoma songs and Alabama songs. I must have played Sweet Home Alabama five times. Also did My Home's In Alabama, Okie From Muskogee, Tulsa Time, Oklahoma Hills, Take Me Back To Tulsa, Never Been To Spain (But I've Been to Oklahoma);, etc.
I also downloaded the fight songs from both schools off the internet and played them a few times. Unprecedented tips!!
I need a night off, which I'm getting tomorrow.
DonM

Don very cool!!

#212413 - 12/29/06 08:46 AM Re: The Temptations came to see me!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Larry came back by to see me again tonight. He wanted to be sure I had his email address. Looks as if I've made another friend!
I didn't get to go to the Independence Bowl, but I Tivo'd it. I hope I got the National Anthem, which was sung by the Temptations.
Other than that, we had 12,000 Okla. State fans and about as many Alabama fans in town. The past two nights were fantastic, packed with all these tourists. Some were waiting 2 hours for a table.
I had a ball alternating Oklahoma songs and Alabama songs. I must have played Sweet Home Alabama five times. Also did My Home's In Alabama, Okie From Muskogee, Tulsa Time, Oklahoma Hills, Take Me Back To Tulsa, Never Been To Spain (But I've Been to Oklahoma);, etc.
I also downloaded the fight songs from both schools off the internet and played them a few times. Unprecedented tips!!
I need a night off, which I'm getting tomorrow.
DonM

Don ... It is great that you know all those songs ...
This is a PRIME example of what makes a great PROFESSIONAL entertainer - know what's happening in the area you are performing; know who your audience is or will be; and CATER TO THEM !!!!!

t.

#212414 - 12/29/06 08:49 AM Re: The Temptations came to see me!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:

DonM

LADIES and GENTLEMEN - NOW OPENING FOR "THE TEMPTATIONS" .... DON 'M for MOTOWN' MASON !!!!!

t.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online