SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#212253 - 02/17/01 08:27 PM Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hello To X1 and X4 owners,
Being able to interchange the parts of a pattern with other parts of a pattern is a cool feature on the X series.....Let me give you an example..I have copied the groove from style 97 ( Newage ) and added the groove to style 12 8 ballad ......Here's how ............
Press pattern edit button Press F4 for copy .
Press F1 and select style 12 now press F6 and find an empty pattern area
Press F10 to execute . ]
Now press F1 and select style 97
Press F3 and change to where it says arrangement A
Press F4 and scroll to to the groove part so that it appears next to F4 . Now look at F8..you can designate any part of the arrangement ( using arrangement A )
Now press F10 to execute .
If you wish to add any other ideas then these steps should get you through to making or recreating styles
Now press F5 for escape ..then the Exit button . Now listen to your new pattern ...The groove syncipates to the tempo orf style 12 ....Try it and I hope it makes sense ......Dan O oneils4@home.com
PS...time signature must match !

#212254 - 02/20/01 12:22 PM Re: Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
DanO1 Offline

I wanted to post to myself so that there is no longer a "0" next my posting ! I hope the editing of X1 styles helps someone out ! DanO1
It's a Big world out there ....Music makes it smaller ! I am in SD1 withdraw .......
And to think it all started with a Yamaha X4500 keyboard (PSR4600).oneils4@home.com

#212255 - 02/21/01 05:37 PM Re: Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Dan,

I tried it and it worked flawlessly. Thanks for the useful tip. I've made arrangements to attend summer NAMM in Nashville this year. If you are there playing the SD-1 maybe we'll meet. How much cooler is the SD-1 compared to the X1? I would not make use of the extra keys but would consider it anyway because of the better voices and styles.

Tom

Tom

#212256 - 02/21/01 08:27 PM Re: Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
DanO1 Offline

Hello Tom,
I am hoping to be in NAshville. I may only make it for 2 days this year. How much different is the SD1 vs. X1 .
The navigation on the SD1 is simular to most other manufacturers ( Yam,Tech etc...).
That was the 1st biggest difference vs. the X1.
307 styles , the last 107 are rewritable .
Human vocal drum kits ..very cool .
Syncronize a sample to match pitch and speed of a midi sequence in real time .The grooves that are on the hard drive of the X1/X4 are great drum tracks.However, you can not incorporate the groove into a pattern. No way to get the timing right. The SD1 will ! Like "RECYCLE"
software from Steinberg .
Sampling capabilities have been improved .Up to 15 seconds.
OK....The drums are just totally incredible.
The piano is totally up to par with Yamaha.
The X1/X4 have 24 megs dedicated to the sound ROM. The Sd1 is 48 megs . Super solo's
burned onto the ROM. Better Guitars and the ability to have the volumne pedal become a wha, wha pedal ....(I know an Ms6 pedal on the X1 / X4 can be assigned to a wha wha effect). Fun !
This keyboard is the best I have played yet .
My arranger experience started with the PSR70/80 and 90 back in 1987. I am certain that when the SD1 hits the store everyone will just say "WOW" . DanO
oneils4@home.com or guitarcenterdan@hotmail.com

#212257 - 10/08/01 07:20 PM Re: Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
DanO1 Offline

I noticed a few more X1/x4 users as of 10-09-01 . I thought I would bring this up to any X1/X4 users ! Give it a try ..remixing styles can be cool ...............dano

#212258 - 10/10/01 12:30 PM Re: Cut and Paste styles Tips for X1/X4 owners
flowerssupply Offline

Loc: Ireland
Yes Dan I've been at it a long time -- works great - must be compatable styles though -- but that is obvious. Problem I had was that I retained alot of styles I got from net and have little space to work on them I really need to organise my patterns again as memory for same is quite small. Pierce

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online