Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#212153 - 05/15/06 09:19 AM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Try patching into two channels of the Roland amp..Left from the 3k into 1 channel and the right into channel 2..

Fran:
I tried that and it did I have to say it did improve the sound of the Kc150. It's still not going to do it for me. I'll still keep it as a backup amp.

Meanwhile, Saturday I went to GC to purchase a Barbetta 31c. They had none and the salesguy seemed to think they were discontinued at least by GC. I wound up taking home on a trial basis a Mackie SRM450. Yea!! Good sound, but this morning I pulled my Logitech z55s and compared them side by side. I thought I was losing my mind that the 55s sounded better to me than the Mackie. I called Gary for a sanity check, he gave me his thoughts. Short story is I took back the Mackie to GC and have a Barbetta 31c on the way. Go figure who would have really thought $200 computer speakers would have the edge, at least to my liking.

#212154 - 05/15/06 10:06 AM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Steve, maybe you are comparing the Mackie 450 at too low of volume..I am sure the Logitech will not stay with the 450 at a higher volume

I use 20 year old Roland CK100 Keyboard amps. At low volume they do not sound as good, but when I open them up and eq from my Mackie mixer..they come alive...I like them as much as anything I have heard.
BTW, you may also like what you hear from the Logitech because of Stereo and a sub woofer..
Pair up the Mackie with the Roland in stereo and see if you like what you hear.. balance the volumes though..the Mackie is more powerful.

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 05-15-2006).]

#212155 - 05/15/06 10:49 AM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Dnj Offline

Steve......just wondering....did you play with two 450's in stereo?

Barbetta amps are a good choice also I should know

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-15-2006).]

#212156 - 05/15/06 10:50 AM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Steve, maybe you are comparing the Mackie 450 at too low of volume..I am sure the Logitech will not stay with the 450 at a higher volume

I tried that you're right the 55s did not stay with the Mackie as I cranked the volume up

Quote:
BTW, you may also like what you hear from the Logitech because of Stereo and a sub woofer..
Pair up the Mackie with the Roland in stereo and see if you like what you hear.. balance the volumes though..the Mackie is more powerful.

I tired that too on Saturday and I liked the sound better when paired with the Roland. Definitely the stereo effect that comes into the picture. Problem is I was trying for less pieces and an easier setup for those 1 hour gigs. I'll keep you posted once I get my hands on the 31c. They won't be in for 5 to 10 days.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 05-15-2006).]

#212157 - 05/15/06 10:59 AM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Stephenm52 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Steve......just wondering....did you play with two 450's in stereo?

Barbetta amps are a good choice also I should know

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-15-2006).]

No, Donny just played with a single 450, I gotta believe that with a pair of 450s in stereo gotta be sounding great. I tired the 450 based on the positive ratings you gave it, you're using a pair of them and I only had one. So it's not apples to apples comparison. Fran's comments about the Logitechs being stereo made a good point. Then again when I used the Roland KC 150 with the 450 the sound came more alive than either one by itself.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 05-15-2006).]

#212158 - 05/28/06 01:23 PM Re: lots of discussion sound system but need advice
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally posted by DonM:
Barbetta 31C would be great. It's small, powerful and sounds better than the 32C.
DonM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
I'm with Don, Barbetta 31c. I use the Bose PAS with bass bin as much as I can. But for smaller venues and gigs less than two hours, it's the Barbetta. Also, for large venues that insist that I use the house system, I have two 31c's that I chain since the PAS doesn't have a line out. The PAS, IMHO is still one of the best systems for OMB with vocals.
Ciao,
Jerry

Just received by Barbetta 31c, so far so good. I'm happy with it. I like the sound and the size looks like it's going to fit the bill for my use. Thanks for your input everyone

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 05-28-2006).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online