SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#21178 - 07/25/06 05:33 AM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
The SH-201 is pretty cool. I like how the layout is--Roland was very logical in the approach with this synth. It's going to sit well with pros, but it's also designed to help those just getting into synths too.

I don't know what the price is, but it may be a hit on your pocket as a "hold over synth" until the Juno's released. If you can afford to have both go for it

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#21179 - 07/25/06 05:47 AM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

I'm going to make a prediction here. If the Juno-G isn't released by the "newly set date" of August 7th--I predict the date will then be changed to August 21'st.

It started by them changing the date by a week, now they're up to changing it by two weeks. Following the pattern I'm placing my bet on 8/21/06 as the next release date (if it's not out on the 7th).

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#21180 - 07/25/06 02:45 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

I figure the more the Juno is set back

the BETTER it's going to be

I mean they are probablly adding things and upgrading it

and by the way is the SH-201 out yet..?

Some sites lead me to believe it isn't..

#21181 - 07/25/06 02:51 PM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

Well the longer it takes can really go both ways From what I've heard--Roland was having some OS problems, and also some problems with the motherboards.

Now in their defense (which is where I pat them on the back), I'd much rather them hold off and de-bug the unit themselves. This way all that isn't passed on to the consumer. I "hate" beta testing

I thought the SH was supposed to be out in either August or September.

Squeak

#21182 - 07/27/06 04:16 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

do you think the Juno G will give me those F A T analogue sounds, a Nord or Virus can (for some reason I highly doubt it..)

some aggressive "industrial" sounds.. (I know my vocab is very dry.. aha)

hope it can be some sounds other than strings and pianos..althought I'd use those a ton...

#21183 - 07/27/06 05:02 PM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

I don't know how the Juno's going to compare to analogue sounds. It's a digital synth, so naturally it's not going to have the warmth of an analogue synth.

However, I'm sure there will be some digital re-creations of classic Juno sounds, and some more modern tripped out stuff as well.

Keep in mind that the Juno-G has 4 element voice structure--meaning you can create a user voices consisting of (4) sounds--or as Roland calls it "Tones".

The way Roland works is a little different. They have Patches and Tones. Tones are the smallest element of a sound, and a Patch is a combination of "tones".

For example my Roland RS-70 has 1,024 (tones). It also has over 700 (patches). The patches are made up of the 1000+ original tones. The Juno-G is the same way. Only the Juno-G is better because when you're creating a user patch you can combine any of the 1,000+ original tones (by combining 4 of them) to create a user patch. Then you can go deeper into editing (each) individual tones parameters, and set velocity curves too. Ya gotta love synths

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 07-28-2006).]

#21184 - 08/01/06 07:23 AM Re: Roland Juno G
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
I just bought a Juno G and shortly will have a Sh 201. Both are made up largly of plastic cases so needless to say very light weight. Sound wise it's a Fantom for the most part. The four track audio capabilities seem quite nice...I'll post a more detailed review soon...

#21185 - 08/01/06 12:46 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

gah gah...*drool*

(I'm sorry for my impaitence)

but where did you find one..?!!!

#21186 - 08/01/06 04:36 PM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

How in the world did you get a Juno G already? No online sites or local stores that I know have it, and technically its official release date is supposed to be this week for many online retailers, but not today.

Where did you get your hands on one?

Squeak

#21187 - 08/07/06 03:44 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

Hey everyone! GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE G!!!!

IT IS OUT IN STORES I PLAYED ONE TODAY!!!

Read my post I posted on acapellas4u.co.uk

well, what I opted on doing, today

is I went down to my (not so local) Sam Ash
to buy some gear, I found the JP8000 for a BARGAIN!!! I hear it's an amazing or atleast really good VA synth, capable of complex sounds

anyways, I went down there with the mind set of picking up recording gear and a midi controller

I met this awesome guy who wasn't you "average sales marketer" he let me delve into everything and told me the honest truth, about what I need and what I don't, I asked about the midi controller, and he said (as I had somewhat knew in my head) you may NEVER need a midi controller because my JP8000 (and any keyboard with midi for that matter, can do just the same..)

to my surprise I, yes I swear, FOUND THE JUNO G! and boy did I play the s**t of it, as well as the Fantom keyboards,

this is what I found in my short time playing

the keys don't feel that amazing, just average plastic like keys, nothing special

BUT THE SOUND

sounds exactly Like the Fantom (as you may of known) I played the piano on the G and then the X8 X7 and X6 right by it and than at the same time and couldn't tell the difference (neither could anyone there, or my piano teacher when I showed him the vids..)

a beautiful screen, (haha I know no color, but whatever)

in my opinion and many other peoples I have talked to

The Juno G is not your average budget entry level cheap synth

it's a proffesional workstation ONE STEP below the Fantoms

honestly I think that's the next thing im saving up for

anyways

I would have bought that today but last night I already bought the JP8000

so anyways the guy showed me billions of products, mixers, condenser mics, moniters etc.

I ended up choosing this (and THIS my friend is only the begining)

Mics

Shure SM58 Vocal Mic (I know cliche, but whatever sounds AMAZING to me)

Fast Track Pro USB audio interface

(yes yes, I know it's not as fast and maybe good as Firewire or PCI, but it works fine for me, and my standards, proffesional pre amps, studio sound, great drivers for my Windows XP, and comes with Ableton Lite 4 (I also upgraded to the DEMO ver. of Ableton Lite 5 which comes with it)

A cheap but good midi cable

and

A mic cable

I know not much, but honestly it sounds alot better than I thought..
it sounds alot better than most of the recordings I find on myspace

so yeah, not much

but

currently (atleast in a few days..) I have

The

Roland JP8000

SM58 Mic

Fast Track Pro
---------------------

next up

Moniters

Headphones

Juno G (or good deal on Fantom)

Nord Lead 2/2X

SH-201 (I played it today, and damn it's beautiful)

some old analog synths (by then Ill know more about it)

FREE PLUG INS

M-Tron

Trash Distortion Plug Ins

IN NO ORDER!

yep..

thanks for all your help

ps. I also tried the SH-201 and WAS AMAZINGLY surprised!

****ing amazing

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online