SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#211836 - 08/27/06 02:11 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
John

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. I went to the site and it says " The file you requested is temporarily unavailable ".

I put it up at yousendit as well. Here is the link:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?ac...layer@Yahoo.com

Just click where it asks you to download the file ( No login necessary )

The file is also available in the file section at the Yahoo Group "Making Styles".

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-27-2006).]

#211837 - 08/27/06 02:35 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi AJ,
I must admit , multipads is a feature I really miss having had the function for many years on the Technics keyboards.
My SD1 unfortunately doesn't have them.

I had started putting together a bunch of piano phrases ( & others) so that I could create multipads for the kn. Unfortunately never got round to it & KN long gone.

Actually I miss them so much I'm getting a new psr. Not quite sure if it'll be a
Tyros 2 or a psr3000. But it's time for a new keyboard. haa haa.

Hopefully I'll have one in a week or 2 .
Just about got my soundfonts to where I want them, then I can can concentrate on my
Style phrase library again.

I may be able to help with some phrases or maybe even multipads.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:
[B]

The T2 doesn't have many AC piano pads, so two of my first 3 user multipad sets are AC piano phrases.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#211838 - 08/27/06 02:54 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi,
have a question on psr multipads ( from memory the worked a bit differently to some of the kn ones)
can you actually record a complete drum pattern on a single pad ie snare, hihat, bass drum etc or only individual drum instruments??

AJ, did you use one of Michael's programs to create the multipad? I remember checking into it years back when I owned a 9000pro, but the memory's getting worse as the years march on haa haa.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#211839 - 08/27/06 03:25 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Rikki,

While I've yet to make a drum pattern multipad, it is possible to do. The multipads are simply midifiles that send the KB special messages on whether to play continuously or as one shots, and whether to follow chord changes or not.

Except for actually creating multipads inside of my arranger itself, I've never used anything else other than a regular sequencer ( Sonar / XG works ) to create them. I use one 4 channel sequence to create a multipad set. Midi channel 1 corresponds to Pad #1, Channel 2 for Pad #2, etc. I simply save my work as a type 1 midifile, and then change the extension from .mid to .PAD . Once I introduce the pad into the T2, I then need to bring it into the pad creator if I want to change the settings to have it loop continuously and / or follow chord changes.

The alternative to this is to start out with a premade pad file that already responds the way you want it to ( loops / follow chords ), rename it to a .mid file, and open it in your sequencer. BTW, it is not necessary to change the extension in XGworks, as it opens PAD files. Then you can simply clear out the note data on channels 1-4 and insert your own. A while back I think Michael provided some blank .PAD tremplates that already had the loop and chord follow commands inserted.

For multipad phrases that repeat / loop continuosly, the most important thing to remember is to make certain that your phrases are exactly one measure ( bar ) in length, or a multiple thereof, and that the first bit of data starts right at the beginning of the first measure, ( a program change insert will do fine if you don't want your first note to sound right at the beginning of the phrase ) and that the sequence itself ends right at the end of the last measure. Otherwise the multipad phrases will quickly go out of sync with the style they are being used with, or, for mulktiple measure phrases, if the last piece of a note or other data goes past the end of a measure and even slightly into a new measure, you'll wind up with an entire measure that plays silently.

Also it's necessary to insert program / bank changes for each channel, along with any other settings you'll want ( reverb / chorus for example ).

AJ

[This message has been edited by Bluezplayer (edited 08-27-2006).]

#211840 - 08/27/06 08:41 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
rikkisbears Offline

Thanks AJ,
apart from the musical side of it, the technical part doesn't sound all that difficult. I'll have to familiarize myself with xg works again, been a while since I used it.
Thanks for all the info.
best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bluezplayer:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#211841 - 08/28/06 01:51 AM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
AJ, thanks, they downloaded and I’m off.
Nice of you to share.

John C.

#211842 - 08/28/06 01:56 AM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
Jørgen Sørensen Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

A short primer to Multi Pad programming is found at http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/articles/multipad2.htm

Regards
Jørgen

------------------
The Unofficial YAMAHA Keyboard Resource Site

#211843 - 08/28/06 04:55 AM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
T42 Offline

Loc: UK
With the multipads since they basically record what you play in real time with any of the sounds on the T2, you could load a few drum samples/loops (WAV's) into the TVN custom voices, use these sampled drum sounds for the multipads and set them repeating. With all 4 pads going at once you could create some very realistic drum patterns, or have drum loops on pad 1 and 2 and bass runs assigned to 3 and 4. The multipads are far more usefull and powerfull than some people realise.

#211844 - 08/28/06 02:32 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
rikkisbears Offline

Thank you Jorgen,
you're always so helpfull.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jørgen Sørensen:
[B]Hi

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#211845 - 08/28/06 02:41 PM Re: 142 More BIAB styles
rikkisbears Offline

Hi T42,
as I don't own a T2, I don't know how sample functions etc work in it, but are you saying a wav drum loop will stay in sync with the rest of the pads, or do you mean midi drum loops using sampled drums?

My sd1 wav drum loops will sync to style ( or midifile)

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by T42:
With the multipads since they basically record what you play in real time with any of the sounds on the T2, you could load a few drum samples/loops (WAV's) into the TVN custom voices, use these sampled drum sounds for the multipads and set them repeating. With all 4 pads going at once you could create some very realistic drum patterns, or have drum loops on pad 1 and 2 and bass runs assigned to 3 and 4. The multipads are far more usefull and powerfull than some people realise.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online