SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211740 - 07/18/00 10:16 AM VA7
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is an amazing discussion about the VA7
between some guys that only played a short
moment in a shop on a VA7. They don't have a VA7 , their opinion can not be taken serious.
My VA7 makes me a happy musician and I am very glad with such a great instrument.
The stylemorphing is a good issue ,it makes
that each style has a real endless number of
variations . Soundchanging is possible while
playing for all parts, which means the drumsets too. It just takes a few hours to
learn how to handle a VA7 when you are used
to play another keyboard.
All the best, Mart Weeho

#211741 - 07/19/00 12:44 AM Re: VA7
Marek Offline

Loc: Germany
Dear Mart,

as for me, I would have never tried to insist, that someone's opinion connot be taken serious, if he played keyboard in a shop. Instead, I would have explained him, what he can do better in order to use all keyboard's features in real time.

How can you explain me the facts, that
1) if you want to include Fill-In without changing style type, you have to push twice button which lies in the middle of the keyboard (I would place it to the left)
2) if you want to make 1) + change variation, you have to push twice the Fill-In button and touch the upper part of the screen, which is more farther from the left part of the keyboard
3) if you want to make 2) + change One Touch Settings, you have to push Fill-In twice, touch the screen, push OTS button and touch the screen again. Then you will probably have to push Style button, in order to see the variations screen.
4) if you want to make 3) and change some sounds with your mentioned style-morphing. You have to... you know.

And... please do 4) in real time during your performance.

Regards

Marek

#211742 - 07/19/00 05:20 AM Re: VA7
Ilija Petkovski Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn
Dear Marek,

I was the first on the forum to have tried the VA-7 for almost 2 hours. I was the first to give BIG criticism as to the points you mentioned. For the music I play, I need good accessible FILL'S and VARIATIONS. The rest is not important. Sound quality means almost nothing to me. I could be happy with a Roland E16.

Ilija

#211743 - 07/19/00 05:43 PM Re: VA7
DannyJay Offline

Loc: Merritt Island, FL, USA
All this talk about all these keyboards! We are all talking about "playing". Playing cannot be accomplished without placing ones hands on the keyboard and "playing". Yet not too many have comments about how the board "feels".

We all seem to want something that is in another keyboard. those are called wishes. Many buy a new keyboard and get something new but give something up. It all is really not necessary. I have found the keyboard that meets my style (GEM SK760).

Yes I wish I had the variphrase, yes I wish I had the styles in the X1, and some of the features in the 9000.

I will get them all" Virtually every keyboard out there seems to come out with a module. A module can be controlled via midi or as if it where another keyboard.

All I need is a good board - nice feel - thats what I have to do when I play. I enjoy playing the keyboard and there is no better board for me than the SK760.

I will be buying the X4.

Anyone interested in a Roland RA-90 module; or a GEM Bachman; or a Roland RA-50? or maybe a soundcanvas. Those are the things I replace.

#211744 - 07/20/00 09:18 AM Re: VA7
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
DannyJay,

Have you heard about the new WK8SE?

They will include in it physical modeling piano and some new styles. *S*

#211745 - 07/21/00 04:52 AM Re: VA7
DannyJay Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
DannyJay,

Have you heard about the new WK8SE?

They will include in it physical modeling piano and some new styles. *S*

SK880User

Yes I have heard about it. I am not sure what all it has. However as mentioned I have the Pro2 and since I primarily play in a home studio, "lugging" is not a problem. I control the Pro2 from the SK760. I play the Pro2 at times to keep up with the piano feel.

I do like the semi weighted action of the SK760 better than any other keyboard I have played to date. (I am an old accordian man) and became used to "easy" keys from the start.

#211746 - 07/21/00 04:56 PM Re: VA7
DannyJay Offline

Dear Mr. UncleDave

Boy did I miss my mark! It's so much easier to talk to somebody that trying to use 26 letters. I really did't mean to offend anyone and offer my apologies to you and others.

I was really saying exactly what you expressed in your reply. Its the interaction with the keyboard that really counts. What I said was " I have found the keyboard meets MY style". I have'nt tried the x1 and I very well might like the feel better than the SK760. I dont't know.

What I do know is that, for ME, the SK760 is the best semi weighted keyboard I have played personally.

The point I was making is that once you find "the" board so far as dynamics and midi control are concerned, you can probably add the wiz bang by buying a module.

In the end, its the music that counts. I feel very fortunate that I have had a life long friend named Mr. Music.

You seem to have a real handle on what it's all about. It's not really about the technology. But what a charge it is to sit down with a full orchestra behind you! On the other hand some of my fondest memories are those 3 in the afternoon to 3 in the morning sit down events when the accordian started to do just exactly what I wanted it to. I could make it laugh, cry, jump, boogie, polka, and march. Sometimes I think it was the best buddy I ever had. That was more than thirty years ago. Today its the SK760.

Sure I bet I could really be happy with some of the other boards. Right now I just want the x4 plugged into my SK760.

Have eyou every played the SK series?

later

DannyJay

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online