SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#21188 - 08/07/06 04:43 PM Re: Roland Juno G
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Awsome! Finally someone has laid hands on the ever so hard to find Juno-G She's finally here amongst the living!!

Glad to hear it sounds like the Fantom. In regards to the key action.., I honestly assumed the key action on the Juno-G would be the same keybed on my Roland RS-70. It seems that the same keybed is used on all their lower end "budget synths".

My chances of demoing this keyboard are well..., let's just say that gas prices in the US would drop back to $1.75 a gallon by the time I found one of these in a local store. My area SUCKS and SUCKS big time.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-07-2006).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#21189 - 08/07/06 05:42 PM Re: Roland Juno G
Garbage2.0 Offline

now I just gotta find something to sell to get a Juno G

maybe it wasn't worth getting a JP8000

GAh!

#21190 - 08/08/06 10:06 AM Re: Roland Juno G
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Garbage2.0:
maybe it wasn't worth getting a JP8000

I dunno about that. The JP-8000 is a great VA synth and covers sounds that the Juno G doesn't. It would be nice if you could have both of them. If you got a good deal on the JP-8000 I'd try to keep it if you can manage that.

#21191 - 08/10/06 10:02 AM Re: Roland Juno G
mdolmon Offline

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio,US
Guitar Center in Cleveland had two, one on display and one in stock now in my studio....One word of caution...it all plactic except for some light weight metal on the top....I'm having a hard time keeping it on my x-stand....also afraid to gig with it.....it's very cheaply made when compared to my Motif and older synths...sound wise it quite good.....

Where did you get your hands on one?

Squeak[/b][/QUOTE]

[This message has been edited by mdolmon (edited 08-10-2006).]

#21192 - 08/11/06 02:00 AM Re: Roland Juno G
Dr.Oscillator Offline

Loc: Norwich, Uk
The Juno-G is fantastic! Ok, the keyboard action may not be to everyone's taste (it reminds me a bit of my XP-30). But the sounds are amazing. Having spent many days comparing the Fantom X with the Juno-G in many ways I prefer the Juno's sounds even though some of them are meant to be the same.
I also like the way that pretty much all the sounds in the JUNO-G are usable sounds, they have been really well selected and programmed.
The Acoustic and Electric piano sounds are great, which for a workstation/performance synth is completely unheard of. Add to that the optional SRX-12 electric piano/clav expansion board and you have without doubt the most authentic sounding electric piano (whether that be a Rhodes or a Wurlitzer) you can get.

The pad sounds are great, somewhat more mordern and fresher than the Fantom's.
The filters and the FX are great and the FX are put to good use on all of the preset patches.

Finally, If you are a gigging musician like me, you'll find that this thing is so light, it's almost a joke. Don't get me wrong...it seems solid enough, but setting up and packing down for gigs with this thing makes gigging enjoyable again!

This thing retails at £799 in the UK, which considering in most shops a Triton TR is about £850...the Juno-G is a no brainer. They could have priced this at £999 and it would still be good value for money.

I use one currently with a SH-201. I like the way you can route the audio from the Juno through the Sh201 and affect it on that. Sweet!

#21193 - 08/17/06 05:33 AM Re: Roland Juno G
Anonymous
Unregistered

My local music store here in Sydney got the Juno-G in yesterday. Am going to play it tomorrow. Very keen to know how it compares to the Fantom XA (which I own). Wondering if I will decide tomorrow to trade to the G once I've played it?? Anyone done any comparisons?

#21194 - 08/18/06 03:01 AM Re: Roland Juno G
Dr.Oscillator Offline

Loc: Norwich, Uk
Quote:
Originally posted by SZ-Dave:
My local music store here in Sydney got the Juno-G in yesterday. Am going to play it tomorrow. Very keen to know how it compares to the Fantom XA (which I own). Wondering if I will decide tomorrow to trade to the G once I've played it?? Anyone done any comparisons?

Hi Dave, the Juno G is much better than the Fantom XA IMHO. It sounds better has a better display and much better key action than the slightly cheapy action on the XA.
Don't get me wrong...the XA was excellent value for money if you wanted Fantom sounds without the price being as low as it is for the Juno, it just seems like a steal to me.

#21195 - 09/13/06 08:52 AM Re: Roland Juno G
nick_h Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I am not familiar with the synth type keyboards. A quick question for the Roland Juno G- how do you create patterns/styles to play in a live performance? Or is this not designed for that type of application.

Can you load patterns/styles from other type of Roland arrangers?

Thanks.

#21196 - 11/19/06 07:39 AM Re: Roland Juno G
Patrik9 Offline

hi,

i m considering JUNO G buy, but still hasitating?
could someone advice me ?

i want to use sequencer at most without any external devices or PC. but also sounds editing tools.

i dont get it how is it with external storage devices by G. PC card, smartmedia / compact flash using adaptor ?

does G know split keys for two instruments, for examp. half by half ?

and can be audio recording used without external memory at all?

does G support sampling ?

thank you

btw. i also think of E50.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online