SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#211663 - 11/27/03 08:10 PM PA1X on ebay!
Blazer Offline

#211664 - 11/27/03 08:58 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I fail to see how someone in the United States even has one of these puppies. They are NOT for sale yet in the U.S. There is only about 3 people on the whole planet that own one so far. And here this person is trying to sell a new "opened box" Pa1X PRO?!?!? He or she didn't buy it in the States at any retail or other establishment. The Korg Pa1X PRO is NOT, I repeat - NOT on U.S. soil as we speak. If the person bought it overseas it probably will have a different Voltage requirement and of course we all know the Warranty will be null and void as well if it was purchased overseas. There is an actual bid of $2,999.99 Who in the world places a bid at $2,999."99" Sounds to me like a false bid to give it an appearance of legitimacy. They accept Paypal, Credit Cards, Checks or Money Orders but I wouldn't be surprised if and when a person does buy 'it' the seller will negate going through Paypal giving some lame excuse. Buyer beware! I for one would pay the extra $500 dollars just for the piece of mind of knowing I would be getting a 'factory sealed' one and have a warranty on top of it. Plus the Voltage requirements for it would be for the U.S. and not the 220 Volts for the ones sold in Europe have. If that Pa1X PRO even exists that they are trying to sell on eBay. If it does; it wasn't bought on U.S. soil, that's for certain. And if it was purchased overseas....... Well, you know..

Best regards,
Mike

#211665 - 11/28/03 09:04 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Blaze,
Mike is correct about Korg not selling anything PA1X keyboards here in the US. In fact, the first shippment of PA1X keyboards left Italy by ship Nov. 20 and are expected to be in Korg's US warehouse the end of December and shipments will begin then. Korg says that only a limited number of beta and non beta instruments have been distributed in Europe.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#211666 - 11/28/03 10:34 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I sent the seller a note and this is the reply:

"If you live in the New York area, You can come by to see the keyboard or you can send some relatives to pick it up for you. You can pay it on the spot with a money order.

He said he got it from relatives in Europe. Might just be on the level. He's willing to accept payment at time of delivery. Hmmmm?

#211667 - 11/28/03 11:03 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Go get it Dave! Just in time for Christmas.
DonM

#211668 - 11/29/03 12:15 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Roel Offline

Well it looks like the going prices in the Netherlands dropped from 4250 Euros to 3499 Euros...... just 300 Euros higher than Tyros XXL.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-29-2003).]

#211669 - 11/29/03 06:55 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

What- me pay retail ????? Never !

#211670 - 11/29/03 08:43 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Dave we can go and check it out...after we do that , you can insult him with our type of offers and he will throw us out...Grab dinner on the way back..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-29-2003).]

#211671 - 11/29/03 10:17 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Hmmmmm, dinner in Yonkers huh? Maybe so .....

#211672 - 11/29/03 02:47 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Hey Dave we can go and check it out...after we do that , you can insult him with our type of offers and he will throw us out...Grab dinner on the way back..

Do it UD! Go check that puppy out. If he's willing to take your offer I'd scoop it up in a heart beat. Make sure it takes 110 Volts. PS: I think I heard that even if it is from Europe Korg made it to "auto" accomodate 110 Volts as well but don't quote me on that. Plug 'n Play at its best, maybe.

Psst! UD and Fran; you guys might want to take some other people with you, ie., (body guards) just in case. Either that or pack some 'heat'. You can't be too careful, especially in Yonkers. Also, make sure you demo it thoroughly. Run it through its paces before you decide yea or nay. You may want to stay over in a hotel and go back the next day to demo it some more. You never know - he or 'she' might accept your "low" offer. Say maybe $2,495. That would be 1 Grand off the retail price right there. If you feel bold (and he or she is "well off" anyway) low ball it at, let's say, $2,000 Cash and carry. All's he or she can say is no.

I hope I didn't write this too late. You guys could already be on your way there seeing it's almost 6:00 PM on the East Coast now. In fact you may already have checked it out and eating that Steak dinner right now!

Bon Appetite! And if all goes well "Welcome to the Korg Pa1X PRO Owners Club"!

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-29-2003).]

#211673 - 11/29/03 10:21 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Aw... I'm not excited. I don't need to be first with this one, but I would like to know if this seller is on the level. I emailed the bidder to warn him about the possibility of a scam.

I'm only interrested in the model with 61 keys and speakers anyway. Dinner sounded like a plan though.

#211674 - 11/30/03 07:27 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Blaze,
Mike is correct about Korg not selling anything PA1X keyboards here in the US. In fact, the first shippment of PA1X keyboards left Italy by ship Nov. 20 and are expected to be in Korg's US warehouse the end of December and shipments will begin then. Korg says that only a limited number of beta and non beta instruments have been distributed in Europe.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

#211675 - 11/30/03 07:38 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Dave and others
I was the one who placed the bid of $2,999.99
and I received a note from Dave about the unit(Korg Pa 1X Pro) And I too am suprised
about it , but he sent a picture and I live in New York not far from Yonkers and will go pick it up and see if it is legit.
Three cheers for me if it is real ,Korg is a pain in the butt with all there promise's I went through the same thing when I bought my PA 80 but I was the first person to have that one is the US, and beleive it or not I got that one from a private person before they were in the stores , I just sold that one on ebay hoping this time Korg was honset this time but once again they are jerking the consumer. But any way if I get it I'll
keep you posted
Applex

#211676 - 11/30/03 10:30 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
asafar Offline

Man I am late in reading this topic.
I live in Yonkers New York i could have checked it it out .
Hi Uncle Dave .

#211677 - 12/01/03 03:48 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Asafar ! Hey - we meet again !
Hope our eBay buddy gets a fair shake on this deal ....... sounds risky, but possible. Let us know, Applex !

#211678 - 12/01/03 04:10 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Asafar and Uncle dave
I won the bid and got a note from the seller
saying it was both 220 and 110 volts
however I'm still not quite sure about this unit , he asked to come and inspect it and pick it up because he's afraid u.p.s. might damage it. I live about 150 miles from him and don't know if I'll make the trip. but he's saying it is real, I want him to give me a serial number then check with Korg
so far he hasn't , and Asafar he lives on Winfred ave Yonkers Ny I havent a clue where that is
Applex
Applex

#211679 - 12/01/03 06:18 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Uncle Dave
Just a update we'll see if it is real now the seller advise me he will deliver it in 2 or 3 days rather then ship it U.P.S. and possible get it damaged. Like I said I live about 11/2 hr ride from him about 60 miles
So we'll see and once again he aasured me it was in warantee and brand new, He played it and he's said it works on 110 volts and sounds great.
Time will tell
Applex

#211680 - 12/01/03 02:28 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

I'd love to see a happy ending on this deal ! I have faith in people till I get let down ..... so far the seller seems on the level, but be careful. Sounds like you're gonna score.

#211681 - 12/02/03 03:57 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi UncleDave
It is all true I now own it. The gentleman was telling the truth, Its works beautiful
what an awesome keyboard. Has a few brawbacks but is great.
Applex

#211682 - 12/02/03 07:00 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Congratulations Applex! Please give us your [unbiased] opinion - (is that possible after spending $3,000 on a Keyboard?) In other words, please don't over inflate it if it's not so. If it is so, then more power to you.

What we need is a Professional review by one of the Keyboard Mags to gives us the lowdown on the Pa1X PRO. Although {objective and unbiased} opinions from Members are welcome too. Hopefully Keyboard Mag or one of the others will have a review up sometime in the not too distant future that we all can scrutinize to the hilt (especially after we play one in person).

Again; congratulations Applex on your new Board. I hope you will be very happy with it. PS: If you could post some songs from the Pa1X PRO for the group, that would be great.

Best regards,
Mike

#211683 - 12/02/03 07:13 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
Congratulations Applex,on the new keyboard.
I'm glad to see everything worked out for you.

I just love happy endings, or should that be beginnings ?
Oh well what ever it is I love it.

Have fun & enjoy.
Denny

#211684 - 12/02/03 10:10 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Keyboard
I got to play with at last The few thing I got to say is that they got the best guitars I'v heard in a keyboard,They also add some very nice styles like "Serenade" in Ballads The guitars are very nice. Some of the thingsI don't like is the touch screen, when changing sounds the screen goes off to quick.
And I'd like to send a few tunes but the
EXBD-MP3 player board isn't out yet, or Korg says so. If I knew where to get one I would.
Also the voice processer is well worth it over fifty pre sets from the " Chipmunks to Superfly" alot of fun singing.
I'm only your average Keyboard player and have been playing for about 20 years,I'm very busy playing, And must say this is the best Keyboard I'v ever played "Three Cheers for Korg " This unit will be in demand. So get one if you can. I glad I got mine.
Applex

#211685 - 12/02/03 11:33 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
harosha Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL, USA
Applex, congrats on your purchase! How do you compare this to PA80? Is it really worth the upgrade? Does the 8MB sampling card from PA80 work with the PA1X? Are the styles from PA80 compatible with PA1X? Also, are all the factory styles replaceable with custom styles like in PA80?

Sorry about too many questions, but I would really like to hear from someone who has used PA80 and is now using PA1X.

#211686 - 12/02/03 12:13 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Harosha
First of all evertything that worked on the Pa 80 works on the Pa 1 xpro: plus you can play mp3s cds cdgs wav samples and sample. although I can't yet because the mp3 ex board is not available yet, this cd drive is the same as the other korg keyboards. The upgrade go for it you'll love the new styles and the voice processer is well worth it. Also transfering files is very easy from your computer to the Keyboard. I'v only got it a day so I too have a lot of figuring out to do but so far I'm impressed.
Applex
And no I don't work for Korg.

#211687 - 12/02/03 07:17 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

What a great story. I hope all you eBay-naysayers are reading this ! Many congrats !

#211688 - 12/02/03 09:18 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Applex

You say the Pa1X PRO has the 'best' guitars of any Keyboard you have played or heard. Have you played or heard the Yamaha Tyros??? In person, first hand?? That would be an interesting comparison if you have played the Tyros in person and then could say the same thing about the Korg. If you haven't played a Tyros in person then the Korg Pa1X PRO may NOT be the best "guitars" you have ever heard on a Keyboard!?!?!

Best regards,
Mike

#211689 - 12/03/03 03:44 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Applex Offline

Hi Mike
Your right, What I was trying to say is that as far as Korg goes thats the best guitars
I'v heard on their keyboards, No put down on Tyros, I was always disapointed with Korgs guitars, But now they are getting up to par with their guitars sounds,with the other features it's going to make this Keyboard a
high contender ,and set a standard for future Keyboards across the board,
I love to have you play it and you can make your own decision, I realize it hard for anybody to undersatand unless they are playing it, In closing no I never played
A Tryos but a friend of my has one and am going to let him make a decision,
It really dosn't matter I'm happy with the Korg.
Applex

#211690 - 12/03/03 06:58 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Applex:
Hi Mike
It really dosn't matter I'm happy with the Korg.
Applex

As long as you are happy with the Korg that is the main thing Applex.

Best regards,
Mike

PS: Please keep us informed about the Pa1X PRO, ie., your (likes/dislikes), will you?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online