SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#211663 - 11/27/03 08:10 PM PA1X on ebay!
Blazer Offline

#211664 - 11/27/03 08:58 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
I fail to see how someone in the United States even has one of these puppies. They are NOT for sale yet in the U.S. There is only about 3 people on the whole planet that own one so far. And here this person is trying to sell a new "opened box" Pa1X PRO?!?!? He or she didn't buy it in the States at any retail or other establishment. The Korg Pa1X PRO is NOT, I repeat - NOT on U.S. soil as we speak. If the person bought it overseas it probably will have a different Voltage requirement and of course we all know the Warranty will be null and void as well if it was purchased overseas. There is an actual bid of $2,999.99 Who in the world places a bid at $2,999."99" Sounds to me like a false bid to give it an appearance of legitimacy. They accept Paypal, Credit Cards, Checks or Money Orders but I wouldn't be surprised if and when a person does buy 'it' the seller will negate going through Paypal giving some lame excuse. Buyer beware! I for one would pay the extra $500 dollars just for the piece of mind of knowing I would be getting a 'factory sealed' one and have a warranty on top of it. Plus the Voltage requirements for it would be for the U.S. and not the 220 Volts for the ones sold in Europe have. If that Pa1X PRO even exists that they are trying to sell on eBay. If it does; it wasn't bought on U.S. soil, that's for certain. And if it was purchased overseas....... Well, you know..

Best regards,
Mike

#211665 - 11/28/03 09:04 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Blaze,
Mike is correct about Korg not selling anything PA1X keyboards here in the US. In fact, the first shippment of PA1X keyboards left Italy by ship Nov. 20 and are expected to be in Korg's US warehouse the end of December and shipments will begin then. Korg says that only a limited number of beta and non beta instruments have been distributed in Europe.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#211666 - 11/28/03 10:34 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I sent the seller a note and this is the reply:

"If you live in the New York area, You can come by to see the keyboard or you can send some relatives to pick it up for you. You can pay it on the spot with a money order.

He said he got it from relatives in Europe. Might just be on the level. He's willing to accept payment at time of delivery. Hmmmm?

#211667 - 11/28/03 11:03 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Go get it Dave! Just in time for Christmas.
DonM

#211668 - 11/29/03 12:15 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Roel Offline

Well it looks like the going prices in the Netherlands dropped from 4250 Euros to 3499 Euros...... just 300 Euros higher than Tyros XXL.

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 11-29-2003).]

#211669 - 11/29/03 06:55 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

What- me pay retail ????? Never !

#211670 - 11/29/03 08:43 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Hey Dave we can go and check it out...after we do that , you can insult him with our type of offers and he will throw us out...Grab dinner on the way back..

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-29-2003).]

#211671 - 11/29/03 10:17 AM Re: PA1X on ebay!
Uncle Dave Offline

Hmmmmm, dinner in Yonkers huh? Maybe so .....

#211672 - 11/29/03 02:47 PM Re: PA1X on ebay!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Hey Dave we can go and check it out...after we do that , you can insult him with our type of offers and he will throw us out...Grab dinner on the way back..

Do it UD! Go check that puppy out. If he's willing to take your offer I'd scoop it up in a heart beat. Make sure it takes 110 Volts. PS: I think I heard that even if it is from Europe Korg made it to "auto" accomodate 110 Volts as well but don't quote me on that. Plug 'n Play at its best, maybe.

Psst! UD and Fran; you guys might want to take some other people with you, ie., (body guards) just in case. Either that or pack some 'heat'. You can't be too careful, especially in Yonkers. Also, make sure you demo it thoroughly. Run it through its paces before you decide yea or nay. You may want to stay over in a hotel and go back the next day to demo it some more. You never know - he or 'she' might accept your "low" offer. Say maybe $2,495. That would be 1 Grand off the retail price right there. If you feel bold (and he or she is "well off" anyway) low ball it at, let's say, $2,000 Cash and carry. All's he or she can say is no.

I hope I didn't write this too late. You guys could already be on your way there seeing it's almost 6:00 PM on the East Coast now. In fact you may already have checked it out and eating that Steak dinner right now!

Bon Appetite! And if all goes well "Welcome to the Korg Pa1X PRO Owners Club"!

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 11-29-2003).]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online