SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#21146 - 03/13/06 08:35 PM Re: Roland RD-300 Digital Piano
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It's great to see both of you guys posting to this thread. I guess these forums are a bit like a time capsule. Even though 6 years does sound like a long time nothing has really changed too much over that time. We all still have that same passion for playing music and that is what really counts.

Hopefully we do get wiser and more mature as time goes past. But RD300 was a good piano back in 2000 and it still is. Sure sample ROM has grown over the yeats which sure helps but it is the feel combined with the sound that makes a digital piano fun to play. And like Ryan says tasteful FX processing and EQ can really make a useable sound into an inspiring sound.

#21147 - 03/16/06 10:08 AM Re: Roland RD-300 Digital Piano
RyanS Offline

Loc: Jackson, MO, USA
Yeah, the MKS-20. Well it didn't turn out quite the way I expected, but you get the same feel from the sounds when you play it. The MKS-20 has the same voice arrangement, but they don't sound exactly like the RD-300. Piano 1 on the MKS sounds more like Piano 2 on the RD. Piano 2 is garbage all together. Piano 3 is identical to Piano 3 on the RD. Then you have your Harpichord, Clavi, Vibraphone, and 2 E. Piano's. They sound a little different on the MKS, but with some tweaks you can get it pretty close. The chorus is a little different on the MKS and I've yet to discover a way of making it sound exactly like the RD's chorus. Tremolo is about the same. I'm still happy with the MKS-20, but I feel like the RD-300 had warmer sounds and the chorus wasn't so "in your face".

Andrew, good to see you still visit this forum. It's hard to believe so much can change in just 6 years. I've learned a lot since then.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online