SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#211442 - 03/12/01 06:27 PM Need Help restoring PSR 9000 OS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been a fan of the arranger board for a while. A lot of great info and discussions. Never had a need to post till now. Here goes . . . I own a PSR 9000 and think it's a great board. Well, the OS I bought the board with was 1.01. I went to Yamaha's PSR page . . . http://www.yamaha.co.jp/english/product/pk/pk2000/products/psr9000/psr9000.htm

I decided to upgrade to the 2.11 OS. I followed the instructions and copied the info to 5 floppies & followed the installation directions on my PSR 9000. After loading is completed, the LCD shows "Completed". Then I press [EXIT] twice and my PSR-9000 is supposed to restart with the new OS version. Well, what happens at this point is it hangs and all I get is a blue screen . . . a new form of the blue screen of death :-(

Can anyone tell me how I can get my OS back. Or maybe a link somewhere at Yamaha where I can get help?

I can be such an idiot sometimes.

BTW It's a the PSR 9000 is great board. I've owned several over the years. This is the best so far. I'm hooked.

#211443 - 03/12/01 08:23 PM Re: Need Help restoring PSR 9000 OS
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
Mattyboy!
Don't be so hard on yourself , we've all been there! I am not familiar with the Yamaha but I would make sure your disks are good and download the software again and start all over. I had the same thing happen to me when I had my I30. When I downloaded the software again it worked fine. Give it a try and let us know. Did it come with backup software disks when you purchased it?

#211444 - 03/13/01 03:36 AM Re: Need Help restoring PSR 9000 OS
UlrM Offline

Mattyboy,

probably you have forgotten to load the 5th's disk with the subprogram, it's a separate session after getting the first competed message. Please read carefully through the description Yamaha provides also for the OS update.

Ulrich

#211445 - 03/13/01 04:49 PM Re: Need Help restoring PSR 9000 OS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replies and encouragement. I'm happy to report I took JCKeys advice and downloaded the OS again ... Reinstalled it . . . and BINGO it worked!

I also took Scottyee's excellent suggestion from 03/05/01 post and ordered a service manual.

Thanks again everyone.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online