SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#211372 - 05/20/00 05:58 PM Casio MZ2000 keyboard
DannyUK Offline

Has anybody seen or heard of this keyboard? The magazine that I normally buy had this keyboard on the front page, and when I saw it I thought it was a PSR !! It looks like the PSR9000 more or less.

Anyway, it will cost around £1300 pounds which is around $2000 dollars I think. According to the review of this keyboard in the mag, its something special aparently. Also, I have never seen a Casio keyboard in this price range, are they getting serious now?

Can anybody elaborate on this keyboard?

Thanks alot,
DannyUK

#211373 - 05/20/00 06:09 PM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
DannyUK Offline

if anybody is interested, ive found this site that has some info.
http://www.casio.de/casio.html

DannyUK

#211374 - 05/20/00 06:18 PM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
DannyUK Offline

sorry, and another one !!!
http://www.casio.nl/mz2000.htm

DannyUK

#211375 - 05/22/00 12:19 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
Marek Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Danny,

on Friday (19.5) I played for a very short time (!!) the MZ 2000. I read a lot about it before and was very curious how it sounds (Casio announced a new "revolutionary" sound technology).
Probably I expected too much, but I was so disappointed with the sounds, that I interrupted my playing and went home. The MZ 2000 has very good features, but the instruments and styles, I tried, were extremely poor (for high-end keyboard). I would say the PSR 740 has much better instruments and styles than the MZ 2000. I would not pay for the MZ 2000 not even 1000 USD.

Regards

Marek

#211376 - 05/22/00 12:30 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
there is a fairly elaborate tour of the new
Casio MZ2000 keyboard, both visual and audio,
on the site of a Dutch retailer: www.keyboards.nl
Personally I would not hold my breath though.
Admittedly it is early days yet so I will
refrain from jumping to conclusions, but in
view of what I have heard thus far and the
overal Casio history I would be very much
surprised indeed if the new product were
to be in a league with Roland,Solton and Yamaha.
Personally I am eagerly awaiting the arrival
of the Roland VA-7, hopefully they have got
their homework right at Roland's this time!
finishing this note I just had a look at
Marek's reply and it just goes to show,
doesn't it!!!

#211377 - 05/22/00 12:32 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
there is a fairly elaborate tour of the new
Casio MZ2000 keyboard, both visual and audio,
on the site of a Dutch retailer: www.keyboards.nl
Personally I would not hold my breath though.
Admittedly it is early days yet so I will
refrain from jumping to conclusions, but in
view of what I have heard thus far and the
overal Casio history I would be very much
surprised indeed if the new product were
to be in a league with Roland,Solton and Yamaha.
Personally I am eagerly awaiting the arrival
of the Roland VA-7, hopefully they have got
their homework right at Roland's this time!
finishing this note I just had a look at
Marek's reply and it just goes to show,
doesn't it!!!

John S.

#211378 - 05/22/00 10:31 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
I absolutely agree with Marek, This keyboard was commented by the way a while ago on the bbs and I recently also tried it shortly as the earlier demo files sounded pretty promissing, but were very disappointing live, which was enough already to say for me this is not comparable with the highend keyboards, which brings me to another subject;
The VA 7 beats the X1 with the drums! I could not yet try the VA 7 myselve, but the demo was pretty convincing.
Now let's wait or there will be a 19" rack version... fred

#211379 - 05/22/00 05:43 PM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave, you better put more sugar in your coffe...You can listen to the instrument sounds. Othyer than playing a guitar patch like a guitar player, sax like a sax player, and a great trumpet patch, the Roland designers can,t doctor these up for us...Mr C

#211380 - 05/22/00 08:45 PM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, You've got to quit sugar-coating your opinions--tell us what you really think
I think the PSR9000 drums sound more realistic than the X1's. BUT, you're right, I formed this opinion after playing, recording, listening, tweaking and cussing both of them for many weeks. And they are the drum patterns that I use, in the way that I use them. You can't form that opinion second-hand.
I don't care how good the Roland sounds because the G800 I had was unreliable and my Yamahas always work when I turn them on.
That's my opinion too. We all must form our own.
Go make music!
Don

#211381 - 05/23/00 10:05 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Dave you said;
What a stupid statement! Don't give a ruling until you hear the thing!

I DID HEAR IT!

It was a demo in a MUSICSTORE! not the MPEG demo!. As too many people wanted to try the VA-7 all at the same time, I decided to come back another time when it's quiet and try the keyboard myselve! So if I say the drums on the VA-7 are better as the drums on the X1 ,I am convinced they are better. And ofcourse this is my personal opinion only!
To get a total impression I need to play the keyboard at least for a while, and even then it might be I go back another time to play it again...for final decisions are made.
Nevertheless first impression was very good!

DONM,
Fortunately we all have different tastes, so therefore we have so much too choose from.
My G 800 still works and never broke down a minute...Allthough I hate the small LCD screen and unlogical use of it, I am very satisfied overall with the G 800.

#211382 - 05/23/00 11:06 AM Re: Casio MZ2000 keyboard
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Fred, I still use and prefer my G1000, and talk about dependability, 100% problem free..I listened closely to the VA-7 demos on line, they sound great. I think they have redone a lot of the G1000 sounds with modulation ect. I actually edited the patches on the G1000 bank of sounds and duplicated the VA-7 patches to the point that I could not tell the difference between them[Piano,Sax,Trumpet} the guitar has the same sounds [frett noise plucks etc] on the G1000, but I did not try to simulate the VA-7, You have to develope a playing technich to do so.. The drums may be a different story,Panning and stereo placement seems to be the big difference....Fran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online